YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Kirky got bored this weekend cos he didnt get a dive. I put together the bones of a personal website at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.kirk80/sbwelcome.htm
and would be interested in comments. At the moment I am uploading pics etc and intend to add personal experiences gained from my diving plus more info on the places dived.

I will, of course be adding a link to YD !!

(Edited by kirky at 8:39 pm on Feb. 9, 2003)

·
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

interesting...............(or **!!!*** not as the case may be)

Works Ok when I go in thru the browser, I`ll try from a PC at work tomorrow......shoulda gone divin !!!

Thanks Dave

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Kirky,
Yes had a look at it,no pictures on it yet, but guess thats because you've not uploaded any!!!!. Keep it simple.
Regards
Tony

·
Charter Boat Skipper, Salvage Diver & YBOD abuser
1,605 Posts
Imported post

Hi Kirky,
I'm a web-novice too but managed to build 3 sites using freeserve sitebuilder- I think it's free for all and it's incredibly easy (though results are basic)
http://mysite.freeserve.com/S.S.DAKOTA- I think the site has a header offering the service.
My first sit, on charterfishing,I built using microsoft publisher and that has plenty of scope for personalisation, animations and stuff- I then used FTP(?)Mysite to publish it to the web:dance:
Easy peasy,
ATB, Terry
PS: not tried the pinhole camera yet- still researching

·
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Thanks folks - you`re right - forgot to upload pics !!! - what a plonker.

Will sort this and repost

OK - pics are now uploaded for a couple of pages (maldives + intro pages) - can anyone see them now

(Edited by kirky at 9:33 pm on Feb. 10, 2003)

·
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

OK - pics are now up for the Maldives (paradise island), Crete and Cozumel.

Willupload Kuredu and Tunisia soon

Thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
43 Posts
Imported post

Kirky

Your site looks great!!! The pictures you've taken in the Maldives are brilliant!

I've been thinking of going but never appear to get as far as booking...hopefully I'll make it over there for Christmas and New Year.

I've been designing my own webpage for the past month....I started blindfolded and now am in full swing!! I've found frontpage absolutely brilliant!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Imported post

Kirky/ScubaBabe
From a design point of view, I started off using Frontpage, but have since moved to DreamWeaver. You can download a free trial version from the Macromedia website - I set up my club's site with it, and although it's nothing like those professional ones, it does the job. Just a thought - you've done a great job with yours Kirky, and I'm sure the same goes for ScubaBabe.
If I'm prattling on, sorry - just tell me to shut up!
Link: http:\\www.69diverssac.org.uk

·
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

Thanks for the feedback. Yep, originally I forgot to upload the pics!!! - ah well, ya live and learn.

I put this together from a zero knowledge start using frontpage express and AceFTP2 freeware - all a bit of a personal challenge. Most difficult bit was/is remembering to upload everything and do things in the right order when you change things.

ScubaBabe - maldives is great - going again on Saturday for the 4th time - perfect for Mrs K (laze by pool/people watching) and me (diving). Its the only time she tells me to go diving `cos I`m disturbing her peace and quiet - bummer eh??

Anyway, thanks to all. Am in the process of re-uploading the COZ pics `cos once again I got things out of order

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

We use DreamWeaver to code Yorkshire Divers although I am about to go the web-coders version of DIR and code everything from scratch using nothing more than Notepad and a load of manuals!

Kirky, Abby etc - need any help with pages, please ask.

·
2,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imported post

Thanks Heads - will take you up on this (note the `will` and not `if`)

When I get a bit more adventurousI will shout. Also hope YD dont mind me putting a link to them from my site - well, its got to be !!!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Nice pics, John. Well done!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts