YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The time has come when I need to thank a lot of people. As some people already know, at the end of June last year I was attacked by one of my patients and left with some tricky neck and shoulder injuries. I was not able to work until February of this year but when I returned to work it soon became obvious that things were not right. I'll spare you the lengthy details but although I was completely unaware of it at the time, the attack left me with post traumatic stress disorder as well. I was amazed to be in that position as I had previously thought that people had to be subjected to long term stress of a much more serious nature than I had experienced. It had a huge impact on my life, made me unable to leave the house and gave me some truly terrible thoughts which I was unable to control.

Stick with this, there IS a point to it!

I'm now much better having been helped by some top notch medical people and although I'm still not totally out of the woods (for instance the eagerly anticipated Northern Isles trip was advised against), things certainly feel closer to (my version of) normal. I am certain that I would not be here to type this now had it not been for the love of my partner and my kids but I need also to pay tribute to YDers. Special mention must go to Odin, Kirstie and Turbie, Bouyant Babe, Scubee, Purple Vonny, Mary, Scuba Sue, Soggy Fox, Stesh, Wet and Broke, Yazzyfooty and Sixsquid for keeping me amused, and in touch with (virtual) reality but there are plenty of others too to whom I apologise for leaving off my list.

Why post this now? Well tomorrow, having been told by my union 'expert' that I would certainly lose my job as I'd been off sick for so long, I'm going in to work for a couple of hours just to see how I get so on although I'll still post regularly, Dr Frostys' surgery may have to open more in the evening soon! Thankyou YDers. There's more to this site than just diving. :)

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
Good luck tomorrow Nick! :girlhug: I'm honoured to have received a mention.

If work gets a bit much, just while away the hours thinking about Frosty's Bulging Sack and all those eager YDers anticipating your sage advice once you get back home.

I'll be thinking of you.

Love Helen (and Paul) xxx

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Did I misread the OP? No I didn't know and Nigella did what?!? :eek:mg:

Here's some wishe for your continued improvement.

·
Madame Wheelie-Bin
5,067 Posts
Thankyou YDers. There's more to this site than just diving. :)

Never were a more true word spoken.

I'm glad you moving up the ladder rather than down further into that bloody awful black pit.

It's good to have you back and the sack has certainly kept me giggling in some dark moments!!!!

Onwards and upwards. An inspiration to us all. :girlhug:

xxx

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
I'd actually been meaning to ask how you were getting along but kept forgetting as you seemed so ...well, full of it. It seems fast waters run deep too.

Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll be ok .

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Why post this now? Well tomorrow, having been told by my union 'expert' that I would certainly lose my job as I'd been off sick for so long, I'm going in to work for a couple of hours just to see how I get so although I'll still post regularly
Told you it made sense (financially!) to go back.
Think of the gossip you've missed...
Bound to be some about "Liitle Pete!"
I'm a day off tomorrow if you fancy a coffee later in the day!

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
:embarassed: Blimey!

Good luck tomorrow Nick, I'll be thinking of you :kiss: :girlhug:

Sue xx

·
So raise your hand if you think that was a Russian
11,158 Posts
Good luck tomorrow mate!

Nil Illegitemus Carborundum

And if it gets tough, remember:

Macdonaldus senex fundum habet.
E-I-E-I-O.
Et in hoc fundo, nonnullas boves domesticas habet.
E-I-E-I-O.
Cum MOO MOO hic, cum MOO MOO ibi.
Hic una MOO, ibi una MOO, ubique una MOO MOO.
Macdonaldus senex fundum habet. E-I-E-I-O.

:teeth:

Love
P&K

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
Err Paul, have you been getting your medication mixed up again?

Frosty - You can be 'your' normal self in words on here, so you have it in you. It is only for a few hours a day - you can pull it off!

PTS is horrendous, it can destroy people. But like looks like you have the better of it :teeth: Keep smiling and keep overcoming - the more you do that, the less it will feel false, but become real smiles and happiness :thumbs_up:

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
Frosty as a late (ish) joiner I had no idea about your attack and subsequent challenges, but your common sense and wonderful sense of humour have cheered me up several times since I joined. I really wish you well and hope tomorrow and the following weeks get better and better for you. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.