1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Coming soon on National Geographic:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Just what drove Capt Carlsen to stay on his sinking ship for 12 days in a doomed attempt to try and save it?  Was he suffering a serious bout of denial, or was there a more valuable cargo than simply coffee and iron bird cages on board after all?  Fifty years on, an intrepid team of researchers set off for the bottom of the Atlantic to find out
Dunno about the bottom of the Atlantic, last time I heard she was sat in about 83m.... Should be good though.

8th March 11PM

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Thanx Rob

Thats in the Diary then. So this one will be Leigh Bishop not GUE i hope.

Very good article in Deep Blue i thought.

Dive safe

Paul

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Doh,

Sorry, Beyond the Blue magazine.

U not got one?

Try here

Regards

Paul

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

On its way, should have it soon & can't wait.

Interesting article in Diver by Leigh Bishop today about the Britannic expedition he did last year.  Slightly confused by the author's references to it being on telly under 'Inside Britannic' cos that's the GUE expedition that's aired recently.  Not an RB in sight.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

It doesn't matter where it is, the only boat around here that'll do it is Stevensons and because i haven't got a ticket for trimix, he won't let me on the boat. I could pay him £700 for the course but i think that's a bit steep to do a couple of dives.  I'll just have to make do with the M1.

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Well its only money Doug, they'll give you some more next week.

Anyway, think of how much you could save up by not diving over the next 4 months. Of course, just a fiver!

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Adrian Kelland @ Feb. 28 2004,15:55)]
Well its only money Doug, they'll give you some more next week.
I totally agree with that. The problem being, i can get the  gas for it anywhere in Plymouth without showing quals. I can't get to the dive site as 'Watcher' is the only boat that goes out to it.  I suppose if i wait until Stevenson is off on one of his glory hunting trips i've got half a chance, the trouble is he usually takes 'Watcher' with him.

I've looked into doing course with other places but i'll end up having to bite the bullet and give the money to Deep Blue. It won't be wasted though as he is an excellent insructor and runs a well organised set up.  Just a bit expensive for a couple of drills and proving that you know what you're doing.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

Hmmm.. Some difficulties with telly scheduling here.

Have a look at Leigh Bishop's site. According to his site, last year's Britannic Expedition is being shown on the 11th too, which is A Good Thing.

However the link to Nat Geo's schedule for the day What's on the 11th shows no sign of the Flying Enterprise (whee, managed to spell it right this time
).  This is A Bad Thing. Ah well, 1 out of 2 ain't bad. In fact it's still ferkin excellent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts