1 - 20 of 440 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Here's an idea.....

You know the film 'The Calendar Girls'?
Well why don't the YD members produce their own naked underwater online calendar to raise money for a good cause?

Next time you go on a dive, take your clothes off, leaving just your essential dive equipment, and get your buddy to take a shot of you naked underwater, apart from a tastefully positioned octupus, or a carefully positioned long hose!

You'll be able to use it as a screensaver....

Picture this... Gav as Mr November, Daz as Mr January. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

It's not possible to claw out the mind's eye, but I just had a damn good try.

The typical british diver in typical british waters should under no circumstances bare any skin

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sue @ Mar. 16 2004,11:33)]Picture this... Gav as Mr November, Daz as Mr January. What do you think?
I think it would be utterly horrifying.

·
Banned
7,008 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sue @ Mar. 16 2004,11:33)]Next time you go on a dive, take your clothes off, leaving just your essential dive equipment, and get your buddy to take a shot of you naked underwater, apart from a tastefully positioned octupus, or a carefully positioned long hose!
<font color='#8D38C9'>you think that any additional hiding would be required in this country  

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Someone should have a photo of mine and Reeve's bare arses displayed off a dive boat in Mull. Will that do?

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Isn't there some kind of tradition/custom that the person who dreams up an idea has to be the first one to actually put it into practice ...

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Picture this... Gav as Mr November, Daz as Mr January. What do you think?
Oh...the humanity......

So Sue, you offering to start the ball rolling? Stop yer grinnin and drop yer linen!!

YD Wet Webbing-fest! This might have legs! I'll consult the Oracle and get back to you.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Unfortunately someone had the rather nasty idea of buying me a calendar from a BSAC club that had the same idea. Calendar girls is one thing, divers is another.

Everyone looks horrendous in this sort of thing. And you'd need 2 lots of calendars too, because I'm not having my year ruined by seeing Daz nekkid at the start of it. And for a month too!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Imported post

I see enough of diggers bare arse as it is without having it shoved on my wall for a month.

I think this idea actually beats all of my stupid ideas put together and thats a lot of stupid ideas i can tell you.

10 out of 10 for trying though

Tim

·
Registered
424 Posts
Imported post

Actually, I was recently shown just such a calender by a London based club the name of which escapes me at the moment. It's a ladies calender, and whilst I strongly applaud the ladies involved for their balls (as it were) and sense of humour, it all looked pretty awful. My club is now mumbling about this too... I certainly won't be volunteering...

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

I saw a similar (maybe the same) calendar at DW.  It looked a bit naff.  There must be some comedy potential in doing something similar with our hairy-arsed blokes tho.  Or, then again, maybe not.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Bunny
it was my mates club, have to agree with you it was naff, dont tell him I told you.  

The original idea was brilliant, lets leave it at that as far as the ladies are concerned.

But the bloke idea appeals, for its originality again, however we would need to fund the production costs and hope to re-coup them plus make a profit. Dunno about you guys but I dont reckon my arse is worth a w*nk. Maybe I should re-phrase that.

Matt

·
Registered
424 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bunny @ Mar. 16 2004,13:39)]it all looked pretty awful.
I should add that this was no comment on the attractiveness of the ladies, but the nature of the production.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>If you start getting into production costs, then it just becomes a bit of a pain.
What I was thinking of was an emailable, downloadable calendar for the computer.

I think it could be hilarious, if it was intentionally done in a funny way. What is horrendous, is when people purposefully try to do arty shots, or look sexy. Eugh!

Treat it as a laugh. I'll do it next time I go diving in warmer climes. There's no way you're getting me into this green murky water again!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Matt, getting seriously worried about you mate  

We want fit chicks in (tiny amounts of) neoprene! Who want a diving calender with blokes on it, not me for sure!

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Listen Steve you've got more chance of persuading me than any fit chicks (Yuck) that I know. Bunny wont budge on the long hose, so you dont stand a snowballs chance in Hell of persuading that lady to pose, mind she's not bad with the camera.

Bunny fancy photograhing the guys?  

Matt

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MATTBIN @ Mar. 16 2004,14:16)]Bunny fancy photograhing the guys?  

Matt
Yes, if Bunny does take the shots, we could call it "Blushing with Blume"

Nice to see you aboard Yvonne!

Cheers,

1 - 20 of 440 Posts