YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There is a game of cards that seems to be a combination of Hunt the C ........ erm, Chase the Lady and Solo (I think) and Whist and I can't remember the name or the rules of scoring. I haven't played it since at least 10 years ago.

Known details are:-

4 players.

You bid for the number of tricks you will win (or lose if you call Mizair(sp?)).

If you win the bid you can nominate a card you need but don't have and whoever has that card is your parter for that hand (although you can nominate a card in your own hand if you don't need a partner and want to win all the points yourself).

The winning bidder also nominates what are trumps.

Mizaire beats all bids in the bidding rankings and that player plays against all 3 oponents.

It's a good game and means you will not be stuck with one partner all match. Nor do you know who your partner is until they lay the 'requested card'.

If you win/exceed your bid then you and your partner win the points. If you fail then the oposition get the points.

I know that if you bid 7 and win you get 7 points BUT I don't remember how many you get for mizair NOR can I remember if there are any other hands that score more than face value of the number of tricks bid.

Any ideas?

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
It sounds in a similar vein to a game called Bitches that I was taught by a Swedish girl a couple of years ago. Well, in as far as the rules are indecipherable, confusing and weighted in favour of whoever is explaining the rules. But I do remember something about 7's.

I heartily recommend a couple of quid spent on Hoyle's Card Games rule book, every card game known to man in it.

Reactions: Finless

·
Confused? You will be.
2,501 Posts
It sounds in a similar vein to a game called Bitches that I was taught by a Swedish girl a couple of years ago. Well, in as far as the rules are indecipherable, confusing and weighted in favour of whoever is explaining the rules. But I do remember something about 7's.

I heartily recommend a couple of quid spent on Hoyle's Card Games rule book, every card game known to man in it.
I bet snap isn't in there

·
Registered
2 Posts
Its rules sounds rather hard and I think that Nomination Whist as one of commentators said you sounds right. I believe that you can also check some online resourses and to find this game or its variations in the internet and even to play it online. I am talking about sites as solitairejoy, where I really love to spend time. Good luck with this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts