YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

hi guys

me and my mates (all 2 of 'em) are planning on going the NDC, was gonna be the 23rd but ive learnt that its shut, so it might be the 22nd now, ill post her and let you know...

what im looking for is features underwater, around 20m+ to 40/45ish. anyone gimme any ideas??

again, ill post the final date so anyone can come say hi

chris

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

its not really good for the stuff underwater, but the full price list for gas and stuff is one the site, which is good...

thanks

chris

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Thats because there is nothing underwater, just a load of plastic tubes to swim thru (bit of a giggle).

I heard tell of a diving bell around 25M, most of my time was spent at the other end and I can tell you there are rocks at 50, 60 and 70M

Andrew

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Imported post

Hi,
Its a bit like a big swimming pool with a deep end and a shallow end.
Shallow end has training platforms at 6m but the remainder is mainly 20 ish and has the plastic tubes, diving bell and the odd dead shrub. Vis at this end, on the 2 occasions I have visited has not been good. Separating the two ends is a road. The deep end is a much better place to be - better vis and some nice friendly gnomes to chat to at 50m. (bottom of the shot, not N2 invoked).
Friendly place and worth a visit. Compass recommended

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Imported post

Like everyone else says, great viz, but not alot to see at 50m. Word of warning, watch out for those boulders someone mentioned above. My mate was kneeling at 70m, sorting his kit and doing a few drills, when he got his leg trapped between two large rocks, took him about 5 mins to free himself. He's done over a 1000 dives, and I've never even seen him nervous about a dive, but he was shaking like a shiting dog when he finally got back to the surface!!

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Right from memory so might be wrong on depths.

Training platforms starting at about 4m going down to about 8m.
(I think there are also some platforms and trapezes in the really deep bit)

Small cabin cruiser boats at 10m, 17m, 23m.

Explosives box at about 20m (Basically one of those largish metal portacabins - Sealed shut)

Tubes at 23m going horizontal and vertical, not very long.

Diving bell - about mid 20's

Canoe at about 20ish.

Daz

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

well the 23rd is cancelled,cos its shut, and the 22nd 2 of the of the 3 have prior arrangements, but info is still appriciated as we will prob go when they open up after xmas. looks like stoney, 3 times in 2 weeks:(

at 50m im sure with the fuzzy narcosis we can make up some attractions to see... "hey, look, its britney spears!"

chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts