YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Anyone fancy a splash at the NDC in Chepstow on Wednesday the 26th November?

So far we have

Daz (That's me  
)
Neill Philip (Big Neill)
Mika (Mad Swede)
Paul (Relatively inexperienced but keen)

And possibly a special guest appearance from.... Drum roll please

Matt (The main man) Binnie

Anyone else interested?

Daz

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I'm off work with no plans, but it's a bit of a trip for me. Never been to the NDC before - is it worth my effort?

(Though to be honest Daz, you've got it coming, so I might make the journey just for that!  
)

PS. I'd need somewhere to crash on Tuesday night.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Love the new avatar Daz: you look like a right 'Essex 'ard man'  

"You Muppet, you slag, you cant, you......" (etc. ad nauseam)

PS: Are there any genuinely 'ard' men in Essex? Jury's out.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

Um all of a sudden I am kind of starting to regret all the comments about a certain outfit.

As sites go it is OK, staff are friendly there are some boats, some pipes to swim through.  Training platforms.

The website is NDC and also Neill is in the same line of work as you.

You are more than welcome to join us and I can even offer a place to crash on Tuesday as long as you don't mind dogs and as long as I don't have an accident falling down the stairs if you know what I mean.

Daz

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Thanks for the offer of a floor to sleep on - dogs are no problem. I need to check nothing has come up at work while I've been away for a couple of days. I'll get back to you by the weekend. Should be fun to meet up with a few Bristol Massive reps.

You should be safe near stairs providing you leave the crabs alone!

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

As I'm going to have to arm wrestle the wife for the car keys I'd be only too happy to share a car/costs with some other Southern shandy drinker willing to crash the cider drinkers ball.

Any takers?

Matt

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>That sounds like a good idea, especially as it's only 20 mins up the road. What time are you thinking off? I'll have to check make sure I've got cover in work & leave. If it's a PM or late morning thing then it'll be no problem. It'll be nice to put some faces to all these threads I've been following.

gareth

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Imported post

Probably earlyish to mid morning,  but you are welcome to join us at anytime.  

There should be quite a few of us there at this rate so should not be a problem buddying up.

Daz

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I'll check availability tomorrow, but i'm sure i can meet you all there, even if it's only from midday ish.

I hope there's a little more too see there since last time I was there, one rowing boat, two tyres and a cigarette but, but no reputed pike.

gareth.  

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Imported post

There is more to see...

3 boats (small cabin cruiser type things), some big pipes to swim through.  Some big metal boxes and I can definitely confirm the existence of at least one pike (I saw him) oh and all the ducklings dissapeared.

Daz

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Imported post

Hey Doug,  If we plan a something in December/January (Possibly Vobster next time) on a weekend are you and John interested.?

Daz

P.S  Some of us have holiday to use up by the end of the year  

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

Of course i am, i'll speak to John, although he's not a fan of puddles i think they're great.  I've only dived in the sea so it makes a change.  And you don't have to wash your kit off afterwards, not that i do anyway.

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

Can I come and play on weds. as well?

I'm also in the 'relatively inexperienced but keen category'.

I'll have to suss out how long it will take me to get there, but I don't think I'll be arriving before 11ish.

Cheers,
Tom

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Daz,

Cashed in some favours at work, (swopped a shift) and will be there on Wed. What time is everyone planning to meet? If anyone is at Vobster on Sunday, I'll see you there.

gareth.

·
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Tom
nice one.
We'll probably both be trundling down the hard shoulder of the M25/4 together. You from the South me from the North, a pincer movement. I might use the bike though, if I can suss where to put my kit. I could hire a tank when I'm there.

I feel a plan coming together.

Matt

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Matt,

If you want to borrow a tank I've a couple of club 12L kicking about here, that I can bring along if you'd like.

gareth

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Imported post

The more the merrier...  Will confirm a go time this weekend.  It opens at 9:30 and I reckon we will probably get there for doors opening.  

Gareth I am guessing around opening time would suit you given your locality.?

Tom, Matt...  You guys got any options for meeting up somewhere on the pincer movement and sharing?  

Also might be worth you guys swapping numbers.  If you reckon about 11:00 I would have thought by the time you are all kitted up us early starters will be ready for a second dip.

Matt,  need to check (Don't think I have promised it to any of the other guys) I might have a 12l you can borrow.  Probably needs a fill,  but is Nitrox clean.  You can borrow the pony as well if you want?   (180 bar in it I think).

I'll PM you guys my mobile number,

Also,  any of you guys need any other kit?  If I've got it spare you can borrow it.  (Matt has dibs on my spare cylinder at the moment.
)  (EDIT - Just seen Gareth's reply...  sounds like you have plenty of options Matt - Your choice possibly based on mix preference)

Daz

Happy days.  

·
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Tom
if its ok with you we could meet up at a service station on the M4 somewher nr Heathrow(?) then travel in your car, share the petrol costs obviously, leave the bike there and collect on the way back.
Guys the cylinderrs would be well usefull, can I grab Daz's 12 & pony as the 12L is clean.
Reeve I'll take yours if Daz has promised it elsewhere as I'd prefer trox if poss. Hope you're not offended at being second best.  

Matt

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Matt,

Not at all, I'll chuck in the spare cylinder & a spare nitrox stage in case anyone needs them.

gareth

1 - 20 of 40 Posts