YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
mari usque ad mare
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone used the Nauticam enhanced 180° viewfinder,
do they actually make any difference to your photography, and do you think they are worth the money
thanks in advance

·
Nauticam UK
788 Posts
I've used one, excellent compared to a standard viewfinder which is horrible once you've used an enhanced viewfinder. However, I prefer 45 degree. Nauticam are bringing out a 45 degree viewfinder in the next few weeks which will fit to an Ikelite housing with the Nauticam viewfinder adapter.

·
mari usque ad mare
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alsky
when will you be receiving them in stock ?, the only thing that bothers me about the 45 is where you are in situation where you need to get down and under a subject for composition does the 45 affect this , that is why i was thinking of getting the straight view finder

·
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask!
1,751 Posts
I was dubious about the difference any viewfinder makes, then I got a 45 degree Inon one and instantly understood! They make a massive difference. The 45 degree one takes a bit of getting used to, especially on macro when it can be tricky to "find" your subject.
Rob

·
Nauticam UK
788 Posts
The Nauticam 45 will be in stock in about 3 weeks at a retail price of about £780 inc VAT. Inons are slightly cheaper.

·
mari usque ad mare
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Of course, we can send to you VAT free! Woo hoo! That's a point, I don't have or know of an adapter to fit INON viewfinders to Ike housings. The Nauticam one for the Nauticam viewfinder is £64.90 ex VAT

Underwater Housing Equipment for Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Sony, Olympus - Nauticam UK - Underwater Visions

Good thing is that you can keep the viewfinder when you change to a Nauticam housing ;)
drop me PM when you receive them and i will get back to you or can i pre order

1 - 10 of 10 Posts