YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine had a rather important date at NDAC today, so a couple of us went along to give him some moral support. So... first off, congratulations to all those who got through their IE this weekend.

I didn't notice many YD people, well - only one other actually!

Our first dive was in the deep end. I saw the gnome garden (will post a pic if it is decent!). Apparently i was laughing my socks off so loud that anyone in the vicinity place would have heard - sorry if i disturbed anyone :D A nice ascent, only a few minutes of deco. It was my buddies deepest on his RB, my deepest in the UK, so not a bad morning.

Second dive was around the shallow bit. Saw the aeroplane, a few other bits & pieces and by the time we got back to the pontoons, I had about 40 bar in the twins so I did a weight check (again!).

2kg is about right. :)

Anyway, a quick question for the NDAC regulars - After the IE people had gone, which was probably around 2/2.30 it was pretty quiet - aroud 30 cars (a guess, I didn't count them!). Is that normal for Chepstow, or did a lot of people know the IE was happening and stayed away? It is only about the third time I have been there, so i wasn't sure if that was a normal day or not - if that was normal, then I can see me going there more often than Stoney!
:)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I was there with NickB and it was the busiest I've ever seen it. Seemed pretty quiet down on the pontoon about 2/2:20 ish though but there were still quite a few cars in the cark park when we left just after 4.

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Congratulations B - One of our guys had what he calls a 'brain fart' on the exams so has to redo them.

we had to (to start with, anyway) keep one of our group out of the way of the IE in case it distracted her husband, who was the one who apparently thanked the examiners at the end (I was diving with his missus at the time).

I sat for a while on the pontoon while mr scubee did some rescue assessments before we went in for the first dive.. i didn't see all of them, but i do remember one blonde in a greenish drysuit.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
we had to (to start with, anyway) keep one of our group out of the way of the IE in case it distracted her husband, who was the one who apparently thanked the examiners at the end (I was diving with his missus at the time).

I sat for a while on the pontoon while mr scubee did some rescue assessments before we went in for the first dive.. i didn't see all of them, but i do remember one blonde in a greenish drysuit.
Ha... small world... the fella who thanked them all at the end was incidentially put in a group with one of our lot... remember him well... the blonde in the green suit was a Finnish girl, I was all in black and certainly on the pontoon at the time... black Waterproof dry suit....

B x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.