YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm that the NDAC is up for sale as there is a for sale notice on the gate so im told it would be a pity for such good site to be abandoned.

·
Resident Taste Tester
639 Posts
wilbo said:
what is your fascination with the NDAC? more than half of your posts concern the place..

I looked in your profile and it told me nothing.

I am intrigued.

:)
Waterlogged and divelog are suspisously close as names. perhaps he's trying to remind everyone that it is up for sale. I heard Goldenbog was as well, butg I've not been following that story either.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
The hotel rumour, plans and whatever have been there for 2-3 years now and nothing has happened (along with the supposed opening of the new entrance etc) so i tend to ignore all talk about that now.

Went there today, place absolutely packed. No sign of a for-sale sign anywhere either.

Edit:- Before i forget. Which one of you lot has written "YD" on the boat wreck at about 12m ? Just cleaned away the mud. Fairly clear on the side of it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sale of ndac

Thanks String for the info much more help than Beardy was with his contribution if you can call it that.Glad to hear the site is not closing.

·
www.finingaround.co.uk
1,826 Posts
String said:
Edit:- Before i forget. Which one of you lot has written "YD" on the boat wreck at about 12m ? Just cleaned away the mud. Fairly clear on the side of it.
It was one of Mark's students whilst awaiting their turn at the follow a bit of string (with a few suprises) skill. Can't rember which one though

Fin

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was there on saturday and there was a bloody great big for sale sign outside the gate as you leave, saying business is for sale plus alos heard on grapevine that know it has planning permisson for the hotel they can get a better price for it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
:Check Sign

The sign outside does not say business for sale, it says development opportunity. I have heard the same as others, that they are simply looking for investors for the hotel and that the dive site/centre are not for sale.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sale of ndac

You did not answer mine Wilbo you just went on a tangent I no more connection with the site than any other diver,just concerned it might close.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
waterlogged said:
You did not answer mine Wilbo you just went on a tangent I no more connection with the site than any other diver,just concerned it might close.
thank you. It just appears from your posts that you might have been associated with the site or someone who used to run it.. I am probably wrong.. :)

No - I am not aware whether the NDaC is about to close or what is happening with it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sale of ndac

Well Wilbo it still seems that there is still some confusion over this matter lets hope the site does not close.

·
Registered
38 Posts
well if NDAC is gonna close, I'll offer £5 for that Van that scares the be-jesus out of my going up and down that hill......:redface: .....it's a Health and Safety disaster.....then take it out Braniac style.......

:tongue:

G

·
0 Posts
the NDaC is not going to close as far as I'm aware

the For Sale board on the front of the site refers to a Development opportunity regarding the planning permission the owners have on the site, ie the hotel/accomodation

please feel free to contact Knight Frank (the agents) for clarification

the owners of the site seem to getting a slagging off for not being able to run a divesite but they seem to have managed for quite a while, not perfect all the time I grant you, but they are still there despite the rumour-mongering

·
Registered
439 Posts
The NDAC isn't perfect (The mud, the lethal jeep ride, the stones, the lakes that form in the carpark, the crazy red eyed ducks that eat the pontoons, The fact that all their fish died, and the massive expense) but I think it's pretty well run.

If they just invested in some metalling for that road and the car park, that'd make things much more pleasant.

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
markosis said:
, the The fact that all their fish died,

No I saw one last weekend

If they just invested in some metalling for that road and the car park, that'd make things much more pleasant.
This is supposed to be at least on its way by Easter!

·
Registered
38 Posts
versus all the other inland sites, I like NDAC, I've had some enjoyable dives there including getting narc'ed to buggery on deep'ish dive....Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds springs to mind.....it does strike me as somewhere that is full of potential and it can only be a good thing if someone had some capital to generate it further.....maybe the owners should go on Dragons Den..... :teeth:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts