YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

l will be at the NDC on Sunday 4th April doing part of the TDI basic Trimix course, will anyone else be there?

l'll be pretty easy to spot, l'll be wearing a multi coloured drysuit and devils horned hood and will be the 'ardest looking tecky diver there
  and l drive a Discovery with Watford FC stickers on the rear side windows, come up and say hello or even better, buy me a beer (Do they sell beer at the NDC???)

What a great weekend ahead, start trimix course at the muddy pit at Wraysbury on friday, then on saturday off to Villa Park(Aston Villa's ground) with my son and daughter to see the Gunners (my second team, the brats first team) end Man Utds season, then continue trimix course on Sunday AND the best bit is that wifee's away for a week.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Imported post

I might pop down for a dip Howie Babe - if I can sort my admin out on Saturday. I'll bring the camera along if I do and get some pics of you 'in training'.  

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Kid's must get their brains from their Mum then Howard.
Hope the course goes well mate, Wraysbury - ughh!!
Viz wont be a problem, there isnt any!

Actually Thierry's Brilliant (what a great ATB eh?)

Matt

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Hi Howard,

Was there sunday last with some of the novices & club members who wanted to get wet for there first dive of the season. I'm supposed to be there this w/end, going through dive leader & Adv diver skills. Not sure which day it'll be yet. if I don't see you good luck!!!!

gareth

Edit:
p.s no beer but great bacon butties. Viz great below 40m too.

·
The Artist formerly known as 'John Duncan'
364 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>might be there H, I am in plymouth doing the Scylla day before so I can use the quarry to wash my kit. I have been there a lot recently doing club stuff (3 weekends out of the last 5) but I am always up for a dip.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Howard how did the course go? Did you enjoy / pass.

John did you get on the Scylla, there were a few divers at the NDC Saturday from Derby that had gotton blown out from Plymouth, so turned up at the quarry instead.

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Gareth,
Everything is going great so far, l'e still got another dive to do, which l'm doing on the 10th of May.
The instructor agreed to dive the Moldavia (Yipppppeeee) instead of another dive at the NDC.

We dived from the end of the pontoon, to 45 mtrs.

Saw no life at all, except the instructor and DM  

The cost of tank fills is very good, l re-filled my twin 12s with  36% for £6.80 my local dive shop its about 12-13 squid.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I guess then you saw the gnome garden at 45m below the deco pontoon. There's two gnome gardens and a few perch & pike, but not a lot else. Molodvia sounds a great day out.

I usually get charged £3 for my twins with air, so it's a good price there. The owner is also planning to put a hotel & bar on the site, so that'll please you.

·
The Artist formerly known as 'John Duncan'
364 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Reeve @ April 04 2004,21:22)]John did you get on the Scylla, there were a few divers at the NDC Saturday from Derby that had gotton blown out from Plymouth, so turned up at the quarry instead.
<font color='#F52887'>no mate, I got up at 3:30 and went to Stoney to do a couple of ERD dives with a buddy I did some TDI courses with. I dive at the NDC regularly because I live in Bristol, been there 6 times in the last month-or-so due to being blown out at the coast and having club training to do. havent been there to stoney for a while so I really enjoyed it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts