YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I would like to thank everyone on this site for keeping me amused  
 i'm considering not diving (only 4 logged dives ow) again.
i might just surf this site for future pleaure, i would have luved to join you all at stoney but works forbids it this week but
just a couple of questions

Q1:WHAT DOES PORG LOOK LIKE
Q2:ANYONE IN THE POLICE FORCE
Thanks
well done everyone keep it up its a real treat
neal

ps are their any restrictions on carrying gas/air in your car
cheers all

·
Registered
59 Posts
Imported post

Hi, if you don't mind me asking why are you considering not diving again, thought it was one of those things that once it was in the system it was there forever  

Only just joined myself and not starting course for a week so can't help with the other questions  

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Neal,

Sorry diving doesn't seem to be the thing for you, but glad you find us entertaining enough to stay around anyway.

No idea what porg looks like (yet) but we all will after the weekend. I don't doubt that she's a lovely little sweetie and not half as frightening as she makes herself out to be. Though I might be eating my words by Monday!

Yes, there are at least three bobbies on the board.

No, no restrictions on carrying gas but as a courtesy to the fire brigade put a warning sign in your car when carrying any just in case you have a crash. It could save their lives.

So, what was wrong with the diving then?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

sorry for mis-leading you i'm not really giving up just so engrosed in this web site

trouble is because of work comitments i cannot go till the late summer  

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Glad to hear you're sticking with it. Must be well busy at work if you can't manage the odd dip until the Summer! Hope it pays well!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

no it doesn't
any benifits from been in the police force diving orientated that is
like clubs or funding

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Neal,

Glad to see you're not binning diving completely! Happy days.

Yes, there are a number of Policemen on here, and we lost one - Andy Winterburn, RIP - late last year in a motorway motor-cycle accident (on the job).  

Regarding carry gas/air in your vehicle: you can buy, at all GOOD dive shops, a green car suction-pad pendant ("Compressed Air on-board") which adheres to the inner-surface of you car window (so that it faces outwards to on-lookers) which will, as Mark rightly says, forewarn any emergency services needing to access you and your vehicle in an emergency where you can't respond to them.

Hope that helps. Dive safe.

PS: Actually, thinking about it, we might want to consider a YD event to raise money for Andy's widow??

PPS: Vis-a-vis Porg: I can state unequivocally that both Porg and Mary are two of the sweetest enchantresses ever to wander God's manor! Both possess a (switches to vernacular) 'bitching-slam-dunk' sense of humour, a fine line wittery, they are wellquemand and a singular pleasure to be with! I was lucky enouhg to spend time them at the Dive Show in Brum last year and they both had me on my arse laffing! A more welcome sight could not be wished for at the Stoney gig on Saturday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts