YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Keep bustin' the Juice
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Can anyone direct me to air fills in the north wales snowdonia area please.

Cheers

jools

·
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
13,407 Posts
Yep, I think Vivian is as close as you'll get. About 20min or so.

Reactions: Juicebuster

·
13,407 Posts
They are next to the slate centre in Llanberis, it's down the road where the castle is (the road to the working quarry), keep going to the roundabout and turn left. There's a big car park with a toilet block, some craft shops and the slate museum. It's the little stone hut at the foot of the cliffs. The guy that runs it is a great guy, dead helpful.

Streetmap.co.uk- search results for 258540,360407

I usually stop on the way and get my suit bottle filled there, takes me about 15-20min to get to Dorry from there. Back up the A4086, turn left at Pont Rug, take the back roads until you hit the A487 Porthmadog road. Cuts out Caernarfon.

Brilliant chippy in the village and Pete's Eats is fantastic for breakfast.

Reactions: Juicebuster

·
Registered
12 Posts
Definitely go to Vivian, John is a great guy and will do his best to accomodate you. Why not take a dip in Vivian too (you'll be round it 10 minutes)!!!!

It's rought 30 ish minutes away for Dotty!

·
Keep bustin' the Juice
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On another note, which is the best access road to dotty, the talysarn road or the nantarn rd side??

Cheers

·
13,407 Posts
On another note, which is the best access road to dotty, the talysarn road or the nantarn rd side??

Cheers
Car or van/4x4? I'd go the Talysarn end in a car, it's a bit flatter and John the farmer has filled in a lot of the potholes with gravel. There's a bit of mud but nothing major. I'd imagine a car would ground itself on the ridges between the three big puddles going the Nantlle way.

The shear drop on the Nantlle side is exciting in winter when there was about three inches of solid ice on the track :D One hand on the wheel, one hand on the door latch!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts