YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Not exactly a trip, I know, but this seemed the best place to put it.

I thought it might be a good idea to see if anyone is planning on going to the Dive Show, what day, and can we arrange a meeting at the bar!?!

Might be nice to meet up and could share details on any deals spotted, tips etc over a well desrved cold one.

I think i am going to go on Saturday, early, because I want a drysuit and 2 undersuits (one for me, one for me other 'alf) and we want to get there whilst there is still a choice of sizes!!  Anyone else got plans.....???

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

I'm arriving Sunday Lou, which is a pity as it would of been nice to meet one of the Southern contingent of YD

Unfortunately though, as I'll be doing impressions of a very skint diver, window shopping is going to be the extent of my interaction at the show..... sob!

Dave

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

ill go window shop with yer kiddo

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Do ya fancy it Andy? we can hang around in dark corners and mug unsuspecting kit laden folk....

BTW... I'll be arriving in Bren's Roller.. Yah! so I'll see you there :biggrin:

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Me and Fi are flying down on Fridat night to see my parents and we'll be over at the show on Sunday b4 we fly back.

Name the time and place and I'll help drink the beer.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Nice one Gav

When you say flying, do you mean your taking the plane? ;)

BTW, I tried to ring your mobile the other day but it wouldn't work, I think I musta typed it in wrong.. you'll have to PM it Gav or gimme a call sometime

Dave.

·
Banned
217 Posts
Imported post

Dave I'll take that kit along as discussed, I'll be there both days, some good speakers. Give me a call to arrange meeting times etc etc.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Think i'll be trapping on the Sunday be nice to meet up also,anyone else from Lancs or Greater Manchester.

Looks like we got us a convoy.lol

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Para,

I'd offer you a lift from Manchester along with Davey, but my car's now full. Sorry mate. See ya down there.

Shouldn't we all RV somewhere? Let's say the Rebreather Try-Dive pool for 13.30 hrs on the Sunday and then head off for a sherry, or fifteen ;) And then we can all descend onto the TDI stand and see Andy Hayhurst - I'm after a few new T-shirts and a Nitrox analyser.

And Davey, if you're a very good boy, I might buy you a cup of tea....with sugar, of course.

So what say you YD'ers?? Time and RV point OK for everyone? And thence to the BAR.....! Let the Games Begin!!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

No problem Bren.
I'll be seing you, if you end up in the bar, bring your cheque book or arrange a second mortgage.:(
Rip off Britain!!!!!
Cheers Tony

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Tony,

Change of plan my good man.

Now have room in the car. Meet you at our house at 10.30 hrs on the Sunday Morning. Gizza call on 07764 - 174647 to arrange the RV.

·
1,403 Posts
Imported post

I'll be going but probably on my jack jopnes as er indoors isnt interested. still she might fancy the afternoon in the booza!  is it sunday then?

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Hi all,

I will also be going the show on the Sunday.  It'd be good to meet up with y'all.

It's probably going to be very easy to recognise me - I'll be the one with the two wee kiddies!

See you then.

Tim

·
1,403 Posts
Imported post

okay chaps

ring this number for tickets at the cut price of £7

·
Registered
20 Posts
Imported post

Josh & I are going down on Sat 12th.  We are going early but have room for 2 more if someone wants to join us.  Leaving from near Blackburn - so going via M65 & M6 - happy to divert to collect or meet at a service station.  We want to arrive when it opens !!!!  
Call 07971-112031 for Lanc Cabs

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

<Happy to divert>

Nice one, right Simon I'm in Teesside, the address is.... lol! oh you didn't mean this way then.... ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Imported post

Dave,  I did a 2 week course at the Uni of Teeside last year - went to the good old Club UMBONGO - next to the Red Light area !!!!! Lanc Cabs have learnt their lesson - never again.  Sorry, but no way am I deviating that way again - or should it be 'deviant' that way again !!!  However, night out in Yarm at 'Claggy Mats' and count me in. Simon.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

YOU WENT TO THE BONGO!!!!

Kin ell mate... next time you go to the Boro why don't you pick a rough area.... lol... glad to see you survived.

On the other hand Yarm is about 2 minutes from my house :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts