YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
One half of team dip sh!t
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just come back from a breezy day out in Plymouth and when i washed all the kit off and went to hang up my dry suit i managed to poke a small hole in the neck seal :frown:

can i just patch it ? its a O3 suit with a neoprene neck seal.

the hole was made with a piece of wire on a home made hanger so its only a small hole 2-3mm about 30mm up from the join with the suit.

any help would be much appreciated :angel:

·
The smell of freshly turned delrin is more powerfu
3,173 Posts
can i just patch it ?
the hole was made with a piece of wire on a home made hanger so its only a small hole 2-3mm about 30mm up from the join with the suit.

any help would be much appreciated :angel:
I would patch it :)

David

Reactions: daveb0000

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
And then you dived it with the sellotape still on ? :D

·
(Formerly Polarbears Dave) - YD advertiser
267 Posts
Dont use Black witch (for anything!), its shite.
Small holes in neoprene is about the ONLY thing Aquasure is good for. Just lay it out flat and put a SMALL blob on the fabric side and leave it all flat until it dries (overnight unless you use Cotol as well, which is probably a good idea as it makes the Aquasure runnier and helps it soak in)
cheers
dave
drysuitrepair.co.uk

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Dont use Black witch (for anything!), its shite.
Small holes in neoprene is about the ONLY thing Aquasure is good for. Just lay it out flat and put a SMALL blob on the fabric side and leave it all flat until it dries (overnight unless you use Cotol as well, which is probably a good idea as it makes the Aquasure runnier and helps it soak in)
cheers
dave
drysuitrepair.co.uk
Well i hate to disagree, but i have a little repair in my neo neckseal, done with black witch about a year ago, and it is fine. :)

·
3,173 Posts
Bike tyre patch sort of thing ?
or seam tape or a bit of old inertube use sandpaper to clean and buff it.

Dont get to hung up about stickit with what you have handy just make sure its clean so it sticks well.

David

·
3,173 Posts
Bike tyre puncture repair kit is fine. Just make sure you do it on the inside of the seal.
Glad you pointed that out :) very good point :)

DAvid

·
Mark Milburn
4,076 Posts
just come back from a breezy day out in Plymouth
I've no idea about the suit, I got drysuitrepair Dave to fix mine and it's stopped leaking for the first time in months.

I was in Plymouth today, on Aquanauts boat!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts