YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
currently offshore, please leave a message
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Howdy peeps

I was just wondering how I should replace the neck seal on a neoprene drysuit as I have never had to do it before?

Thanks

DD

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

Take it down your nearest dive shop/send it back to the manufacturer and get them to do it - at least you can moan at someone if it goes wrong.

Well - it is an option.

When I sent mine back to the suppliers for neck and cuff seals they gave the whole suit a once over and found a problem - I was becoming delaminated around the holly hocks. They sold me a brand new suit for not much more than the original repair + pocket and "neck warmer" I had requested. Boy, was I glad I'd sent my suit back.

I have seen them being done and one essential requirement is something to shove up through the neck hole (like a ball) to keep the material smooth and even and allow pressure to be applied to the new join.

Have fun.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I prefer a traffic cone to a ball myself. Seems to work better, and they come in all sorts of different sizes.

Can you tell I'm a student?

I don't really do much work on suits now, I prefer to send it off to get done. £30 for a neck seal isn't bad, the seal will cost you about a tenner if you only buy one, the glue's more on top, and the risk of you cocking it up means you could end up spending hours getting it all ready etc. when you could be out there diving!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts