YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My last BC has just been condemned as too expensive to repair, I can go and buy a buddy tekwing which looks like it will suit my kind of diving fine, (single and pony at the moment and imminiently upgrading to twins) but having just ordered a new dry suit I would rather not lay out for a new wing too, has anyone got a wing/backplate/harness setup with STA that they don't want or have been debating getting rid of at a sensible price...please be kind to a man with an ex-wife and two expensive daughters to support as well as an expensive hobby lol...

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
A Buddy Redwing, cheapo back plate (Woz?) and a DIY harness may be a way round
As long as the BP has the right slots fitting a single is a doddle.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
My last BC has just been condemned as too expensive to repair, I can go and buy a buddy tekwing which looks like it will suit my kind of diving fine, (single and pony at the moment and imminiently upgrading to twins) but having just ordered a new dry suit I would rather not lay out for a new wing too, has anyone got a wing/backplate/harness setup with STA that they don't want or have been debating getting rid of at a sensible price...please be kind to a man with an ex-wife and two expensive daughters to support as well as an expensive hobby lol...
PM sent

Steve

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Wing

I have a halcyon Explorer 35? wing with ali backplate and harness that has been very rarely used..It doesnt have a STA but cambands that can be removed.

Any good?

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys, thank you all for the offers, I decided after some sensible advice to wait a little while, get my current wing repaired and get used to my new suit before I change anything else, hopefull in a couple of months I can try again and keep my current one for singles and use any new wing for twins..

So again thanks for your offers, but if you don't mind I'll contact you in a couple of months if you haven't freed up the cash in the meantime

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
PeeBee,
is your location Tadley near Reading?
If so I've got a Dive-Rite Wreckwing, Ali backplate and harness with STA that is surplus to requirements. You're welcome to borrow it for a bit and then either return it or make me an offer on it.
HTH
Simon A

1 - 7 of 7 Posts