YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the final stages of creating an e-commerce website/community and was wondering if you guys could check it out for me and give me some feed back etc....remember all prices and items (at the moment) are fictional so ignore that, and once its been marked etc im taking the forum side of it off as i don't need/want it....the address is:

RockBottomDive.Com

Let me know what you think,

Thanks,

Chris Middleton
student guy

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
OK,

The menu gives a 404 no matter which product group you try.

There's no route back to the Home page, which also has nothing in the middle of it, if you choose one of the items on the top bar menu.

The Top 5 sellers don;t link anywhere.

Search by brand lists the items, but not inside your template, therefore theres no way to navigate back.

It needs a thorough looking at I'm afraid.

HTH

·
R.I.P.
5,709 Posts
Ok something constructive from me for once:

On the Accessories page the piccie of the compressed gas sticker is inverted.

Cylinders: There is nothing there?

Gauges: you need to sort the pictures out. The first 2 in particular only show part of a hose.

Regulators: Again, look at the 1st piccie. It looks like shears and not a reg.

Specials: a blank page. I reckon a 100% discount is missing for YD members! :wink:

On a personal note, i would suggest you experiment with different colours, and try and get rid of the white background.

I realise the prices are there for example only (re: your OP) but remember to put in the currency.

The pictures need a GOOD look at, as you can't see what you are 'buying' on a lot of them.

Oh, i'm not a spastic either!!

Good luck. . . . :)

Steve

·
East coast, think I dive there !
1,993 Posts
Your "Community" section also appears to show posts from YD submitted by YD members then edited to say there from a guy called Chris :eek:

Needs a bit of work yet.

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Note to student's everywhere. Learn how to use' apostrophe's.

Do not use the word spastic.

Other than that it has potential.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AAHH aplogies for that, i forgot to mention none of the links work once uve left the main page as thats the one im working on, so any other page where it h as links to other pages wont work!

any yes there are a couple of posts from here, as i didnt fancy amking up posts, but like i said this will nevert actualy go "live". The text disapears as its a link at the moment, and the small images you get once ive finsihed will be a link to the much larger image so all u have to do is click the small one and a ull size image will appear. unfortunately i cant change those images as i have image re-sizing code so it selects 100 square pixels and saves that as the thumbnail and then the full size so unfort it will do that.

Cheers for your help tho,

Chris Middleton

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hi Chris,

Keep plugging away at it, you'll get it all together.

Just my 2p - if you're looking for DDA compliance, you might benefit from linking to your style sheet rather than putting all the styles in the page code, means they're all in one place to make for easy universal editing at any point. Also, don't forget to give all your pages titles and as previous posters have said, once you get into the site there's no way back, as the sections break out of the structure.

I'd really get rid of "Well you must be a spastic because that file dont exist!!!!" default text on all your holding pages if I were you, if you do accidently leave one in there when it's being assessed a "This section is under construction" might be slightly less offensive!

Bestest

Allie

·
Team Starburst
865 Posts
yeah what the others said and...

if you click on the pages at the bottom it all falls to pieces on register RockBottomDive.Com the page looks disorganised the credit card logo's are sort of jumbled together and various bit's if text and banners are overwriting each other the e.mail are has fallen out of the box.

when I've selected my item it takes me to the confirm page where i input how many i want, i then click "confirm order" i would expect to be taken to the checkout as I've already added my item to my cart. if i do however want to "continue shopping" i don't seem to be able to.

and yeah the www is public your "spastic" pages are now search able on the web as there is a link to your site from YD and the spiders will follow it never mind failing your course you could cause a great deal of offence and get yourself sued senseless I'd remove them PDQ.

good luck with the exam.
Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts