YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Scallop serial killer
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those of you who may have happened across a rant or two I may have had over the last six months about a guy who moved into the rented house next door to us and set up a recording studio right up against our house - with no soundproofing - an update.

He has finally been evicted. After 6 months of absolute torture, day in day out base beats through our house. Unless you have been in this situation, believe me, you can't imagine what it's like. Torture, is about the only word I can use to describe it. It has been horrific. And then, last Thursday, when he decided to play hardcore dance music with all the windows to his house open - so loud you could hear it 40 meters away outside - at 10pm, the floodgate broke. We, and our neighbours all called the landlord, in varying states of desperation, and thank God, the landlord decided that he had had enough and has evicted the bastard. So - he is gone. Hurray.

The guy has a myspace website, so if anyone would like to take a peak at his ugly mug, pm me and i'll let you have it. Appears that you can leave messages on there too - not that I would encourage anyone to do anything like that of course.

A very relieved H.

Reactions: Frog

·
2 plugs Parker
745 Posts
:)

Nice one!
I used to have this problem, the bass beat used to drive me round the bend. Sometimes I would go in or local and someone would put the tracks they listened to on the dukebox, I could tell them just because of the beat!
We couldn't get them eviceted as they were buying the house, it made my day when the TAWT was reposed :)

Good luck with the new renter,

Ali

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Nice one

A good enough excuse for me to open champagne! AND have some chocolate! :teeth: Glad it worked out OK for you. :girlhug: :girlhug: :kiss: :kiss:

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Excellent news, I'm glad you got the right result.

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Silent Knight
1,849 Posts
Great news - well done !! :)

(Now Wayne, Waynetta and Frogmella can move in - sorry couldn't resist !!!) :D :D ;)

·
Scallop serial killer
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Excellent news, I'm glad you got the right result.

Safe diving,
Steve
The council are prosecuting him too - so his world has really fallen apart. Not sure quite how they're going to do it though, being as they don't know where he is living.

I have never experienced anything like it in my life. Even the council were non-plussed at the behaviour of this bloke. I have never been so close to wanting to really do another human being a mischief. It's not an experience I would recommend to anyone! I'm hoping, now that the reality of him going is starting to sink in, that the relief is going to be of such an intensity that it gradually sets us all back on an even keel.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I can remember your previous posts regarding this. I was having neighbour trouble at the time too. I opted to give him a swift backhand in response to hardcore dance music. I was later arrested, cautioned and with the assistance of a "witness" (another annoyed neighour) let off scott free. He now lives in fear of playing loud music at all hours!

Result!

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
For those of you who may have happened across a rant or two I may have had over the last six months about a guy who moved into the rented house next door to us and set up a recording studio right up against our house - with no soundproofing - an update.

He has finally been evicted. After 6 months of absolute torture, day in day out base beats through our house. Unless you have been in this situation, believe me, you can't imagine what it's like. Torture, is about the only word I can use to describe it. It has been horrific. And then, last Thursday, when he decided to play hardcore dance music with all the windows to his house open - so loud you could hear it 40 meters away outside - at 10pm, the floodgate broke. We, and our neighbours all called the landlord, in varying states of desperation, and thank God, the landlord decided that he had had enough and has evicted the bastard. So - he is gone. Hurray.

The guy has a myspace website, so if anyone would like to take a peak at his ugly mug, pm me and i'll let you have it. Appears that you can leave messages on there too - not that I would encourage anyone to do anything like that of course.

A very relieved H.
yes u can send me the web page mate i would love to have a look !!

and am now glad that u can get some normailty in your life ! with some peace and quiet !! best wishes leigh

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
That's great news, you must be relieved. I hope the neighboors won't celebrate with a late night party!

In August we get a lot of local 'festivals' based at each chapel that are everywhere. Thy tend to run for three to four days with constant local folklore music and go late into the night. It is so bad that I often make sure when the local festival is on I'm away.

Noise pollution is an awful form of turture. I'm glad for you it's solved now.

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
The council are prosecuting him too - so his world has really fallen apart. Not sure quite how they're going to do it though, being as they don't know where he is living.

I have never experienced anything like it in my life. Even the council were non-plussed at the behaviour of this bloke. I have never been so close to wanting to really do another human being a mischief. It's not an experience I would recommend to anyone! I'm hoping, now that the reality of him going is starting to sink in, that the relief is going to be of such an intensity that it gradually sets us all back on an even keel.
Interesting, as a UK trained EHO, now in Australia, I understand that UK EHOs actually have the power to seize sound systems in that situation.

I did something similar here a couple of years ago, bit of a palaver, took me a couple of hours to draft the Seizure Notice to the satisfaction of our legal advisers but once done and saved as a word doc, it was easy, just went round with the boys in blue to take possession of the offending sound system.

Unbelievably, the little pr!ck went out and bought two more systems to reoffend, both of which were also subsequently seized; I've left that Council's employ now but as far as I know, the Amps are still gathering dust in the storeroom.

My parting shot as we loaded the third one into the car was "Look at it this way son, what do you reckon's going to happen first, me run out of paper to print notices on, or you run out of money to buy sound systems?"

I believe he went out and bought a set of headphones after that.

·
Sub-optimal DIR wannabe
1,038 Posts
Glad you got rid of him. I've been there, long time ago.

Was staying in this flat and once the music stopped they were making lots of noise on the hallway. When I opened the door to scream at them to shut the f**k up, I forgot I had just got up and was bollock naked.

Seemed to work though but I don't recommend it.

:D

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
I can remember your previous posts regarding this. I was having neighbour trouble at the time too. I opted to give him a swift backhand in response to hardcore dance music. I was later arrested, cautioned and with the assistance of a "witness" (another annoyed neighour) let off scott free. He now lives in fear of playing loud music at all hours!

Result!

Well done that man (or woman???). I know we shouldn't condone it but given some of the cases I've dealt with, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often, although I'm aware of one such case locally where the miscreant's house was torched one night while he was away. (They probably knew the house was empty, the silence would have given it away).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.