YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I'm about to change my X-Tec harness for a one-piece (or maybe with one shoulder clip) home build harness on my s/s backplate - the ony problem is keeping track of my corrugated hose

I've seen CD wings with a neoprene sleeve that holds the inflator hose and corrugated hose together, and the inflator is then clipped off.  Can these neoprene sleeves be bought from anywhere?  Anyone got an idea of price?  I just want to keep it all tidy and it seems a good way to do it - anyone disagree?
Anyway, Happy new year to you all
Regards and dive safe
Martin

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

I just use a small loop of bungee with a piece of clear tubing on half of it.  Around the shoulder strap by the D ring and then thread the corrugated hose and LP hose down through it.  

Can still raise the hose to dump or pull to dump but keeps it in place.

Daz

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Imported post

Lots of places sell them - Portland Oceaneering do an own brand one - cheaper than CD no doubt.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MartinS @ Jan. 05 2004,15:29)]I just want to keep it all tidy and it seems a good way to do it - anyone disagree?
Martin,

you could use a couple of innertube loops to keep the inflator hose and the corrogated hose together (like used on Halcyon wings). That would be the neatest way and probably the cheapest.

You can then use a small loop of bungee to secure the corrogated hose to the left shoulder d-ring.

Note that in the picture the bungee is shown with both the hoses through it. The bungee can cause the inflator hose to disconnect if it is set up like that. To avoid that potential problem you should only push the corrogated hose through the bungee loop and then trap it with the inflator hose which should be outside the loop (like in the picture below).

HTH

Mark

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Thanks guys, especially Mark for the photos.  Before I got the X-Tec harness (i.e. the original Tekwing harness), I used a bungee loop to keep it in place - otherwise I'd lose it behind my head as soon as I entered the water, but the x-tec harness has the velcro shoulder 'wrapper' to hold it down, (much like most BCDs) which was very useful in keeping it in place.  The only problem I have is that the inflator hose is too long and bows out at the top - IIRC there is something that you can use to shorten them without replacing the entire hose - SuqAqua products?
Anyway, thanks again guys
Martin

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Martin

I got one from Divers Warehouse just before Christmas it was in the sale for 2 for £20 but I only wanted one so it was a tenner.  

The one I have is non branded, but I have seen Custom Divers and OMS.  The one I bought has a velcro strip to fasten it but I have seen some thinner one piece ones

Fiona

1 - 6 of 6 Posts