YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
R.I.P.
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a little netbook for when I'm away, off fleabay the other day - mainly to install Skype to talk to the kids, check emails and run the odd deco program etc. It didn't cost a fortune by any means (less than a day trip on hard boat), so I didn't expect high performance or quality.

I'm really pleased with it. It does exactly what i want to do on it, but, i there's a little problem when i log onto some forums.

I get this display with some links jumbled up:

I've looked at the screen settings on the netbook and I have 2 options:

1. Digital flat panel 800 x 600 on mobile intel (r) 915GM/GMS,910gml

or

2. Default Monitor. On Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/gms,910GML

The netbook is only a little Asus Eee PC 701 with a 7inch screen, so not top end by any means. The display isn't too bad if i use Mobile view, but am I missing something obvious?

·
R.I.P.
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It only seems to happen on the new forum software. If i go to a forum with the old style Vbulletin it displays ok. It's probably something that i'll have to live with i suspect.

I can only view YD using Mobile view on my Nokia 5800, otherwise it's a right old mess. Tapatalk is ok though

·
Registered
526 Posts
I was wondering all you mobile phone Internet surfers could possibly help me out . is why I was wondering is there a phone that does same
as the Mac computer where it has speech recognition for typing and universal access for reading text.
sorry for slightly hijacking this thread not intended thanks for any advice in advance

·
R.I.P.
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't suppose that you can alter the text size can you? If you can it may sort things out if you make the size a little smaller but if you are at all like me then you won't be able to read it because it will be too small!
I can. but it doesn't make a lot of difference as it's only a 7 inch screen on the netbook. It's not the end of the world as i can just switch it to Mobile view.

I get the same thing when I use Opera Mini on my mobile phone to view the site.
I get the same on Opera off my phone as well

·
R.I.P.
5,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was wondering all you mobile phone Internet surfers could possibly help me out . is why I was wondering is there a phone that does same
as the Mac computer where it has speech recognition for typing and universal access for reading text.
sorry for slightly hijacking this thread not intended thanks for any advice in advance
Don't worry about hijacking a thread. No-one else does :D

Unfortunately i can't help you, because i'm not that good on computers myself, but hopefully someone will come along and help you.

Steve

·
Likes to play his bongo's in the morning
1,286 Posts
...is there a phone that does same as the Mac computer where it has speech recognition for typing and universal access for reading text.
Nokia E71 (or current version) has the text to speech feature - reads out contact entries when making a call, announces caller contact for inbound calls, reads texts etc.
Haven't played with it much but saw a lady with visual impairment using it on hers and didn't even know my phone could do it so had a quick play around. The feature is called "Voice aid"

Google

looks like other Nokias have this feature now too

Reactions: divekent
1 - 12 of 12 Posts