YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,
My name is Mike Clark (AKA Mikeshark on YD). Im launching the above new book at the Birmingham Dive show 2010.
I would like to post a press release re the book on YD and am asking permission if this is allowed?

I would also be happy to supply a copy of the book for you to complete a book review or run a competition with the book as a prize.

I have more info to hand and you can see more on my web site www.underwater-photos.co.uk
If you have any questions at all please do get in touch.
kind regards

Mike Clark

·
Registered
526 Posts
is your new book going to be converted to e-book . I'm sure you know what the e- book is but for those that will asked it is a electronic reading book.
For people that have difficult in reading and for those that love people to read to them.

before someone comes on and corrects me it is also four iPods etc etc to have a large collection of books in a small device to read themselves .
I come under the category of cannot read myself and I love people reading to me

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for your interest. that is not planed at the moment. A softback publication will be produced. Depending on how it doesin that format this may change in the future.
Cheers
Mike
is your new book going to be converted to e-book . I'm sure you know what the e- book is but for those that will asked it is a electronic reading book.
For people that have difficult in reading and for those that love people to read to them.

before someone comes on and corrects me it is also four iPods etc etc to have a large collection of books in a small device to read themselves .
I come under the category of cannot read myself and I love people reading to me

·
A Moderate from 04/01/07-24/12/12
11,804 Posts
Hi There,
My name is Mike Clark (AKA Mikeshark on YD). Im launching the above new book at the Birmingham Dive show 2010.
I would like to post a press release re the book on YD and am asking permission if this is allowed?

I would also be happy to supply a copy of the book for you to complete a book review or run a competition with the book as a prize.

I have more info to hand and you can see more on my web site www.underwater-photos.co.uk
If you have any questions at all please do get in touch.
kind regards

Mike Clark
Hi Mike

I had not seen your post in here so apologies for that.

I see no harm in you sharing the info.

Mal

If the book makes you a millionaire please remember us !!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mal,
Would YD be interested in completing a book review or having a copy of the book for an online competition?
If so let me know and i will get it sorted out.
Mike

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
somehow missed this - despite Mal sending me a PM to let me know:embarassed:.

If the offer is still open, of course we would love to have a copy, and we could either
- raffle it
- have a competition on why such a book should be an essential part of any divers bookshelf.
- choose one of the dives listed and write a sentence or 2 on why it's a great dive (you should have done it)
- or pick a dive from the book and say why it's on your wish list to do.

It's never going to make a huge amount for charity, but every little helps! I'm thinking along the lines of a £2 entry fee, or raffle ticket... any other ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
somehow missed this - despite Mal sending me a PM to let me know:embarassed:.

If the offer is still open, of course we would love to have a copy, and we could either
- raffle it
- have a competition on why such a book should be an essential part of any divers bookshelf.
- choose one of the dives listed and write a sentence or 2 on why it's a great dive (you should have done it)
- or pick a dive from the book and say why it's on your wish list to do.

It's never going to make a huge amount for charity, but every little helps! I'm thinking along the lines of a £2 entry fee, or raffle ticket... any other ideas or suggestions?
Yip something along those lines would be good, Either a book review or a competition along the lines of which is mikes favorite scenic dive in the book.
I will get back to you soon.
Cheers
Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts