YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I am new to this thing, forums that is. I have just moved to the Edinburgh area and am looking to do some some diving near by - I heard that St. Abbs is meant to be pretty good. I would be grateful of any hints/tips/views on diving in the area. Does it get as busy as Stoney Cove? and if so where can I go to get some tranquil diving?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Hi dimwit

Abbs is better than pretty good and even though it does get a lot of divers you can always find plenty of places to dive, masses of choice as far as shore diving and boat diving is concerned, fortunately for you one of our members a guy called Ben (Driftwood) also hails from Edinburgh and knows Abbs quite well, I'm sure he'll be on the board pretty soon so just give him a shout... failing that, i'm up to Abbs quite regularly and your more than welcome to tag along and dive with us if your up for it.

best regards
Dave

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

Welcome to the board mate - there are a couple of members up your area and we are starting to dive St Abbs on a more regular basis. Look forward to meeting you soon. Feel free to invite all your mates to the board. Any questions, ask any of the moderators or administrators.

Regards

·
Registered
275 Posts
Imported post

Welcome aboard! there is allways someone who will advise and help you about dive sites.
Dive safe,
Eddie...

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Hiya mate,

I'm an Edinburgh diver too. Drop us a line if you want any info or assistance.

All the best

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Nae kilt son ... however after all my street-clothes got pish-wet at Loch Fyne yesterday after changing in and out of my drysuit ... I'd've worn one then.

Och Aye

Gav

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

tranquil diving?  the most peaceful dive I ever went on was a solo off the coast of Filey.  very nice.  scenic and full of life, I definitely intend going back this year when we get the summer!!

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi Dimwit, I'm from the Glasgow area, so if you fancy some west coast diving, give me a shout.  I don't dive with a club (too long a story for here!), but dive with a mate from Driftwoods's club.  Mostly shore dives, I don't particularly enjoy RIB diving, I end up feeding the fish most of the time!  Safe diving, keep blowing bubbles.   :snorkel:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Weeell, thought I'd hold out for a while to see if any of you missed me! Yup, I'm baaaack!

Hi dim. Yes as Dave said I'm Edinburgh based and know a fair few of the local stomping grounds. Feel free to drop us a line if you want or keep an eye out on here for Dave, myself and others disappearing off into the blue goo...

PS What out for Frog, she's fiesty! 8-P

·
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Oh, you been away for a bit Drift?  Can you please phone Ammers in the evening?  If you haven't got or have lost her phone number, e-mail me offline and I'll let you have it again.  PS - The UK divers forum have avatars now.  There's one there very suitable for you...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Frog on 3:11 pm on July 8, 2002
Oh, you been away for a bit Drift?  Can you please phone Ammers in the evening?  If you haven't got or have lost her phone number, e-mail me offline and I'll let you have it again.  PS - The UK divers forum have avatars now.  There's one there very suitable for you...
<span =''>

No worries, will be home about 7:30pm and will try then.... She could have at least asked herself.... I'm hurt....

·
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Ammers is in Coventry making her rebreather dream come true.  She also says she's up to the armpits in work, which is no bad thing.  Chances are she's been too busy to contact people, but I managed to squeeze a quick chat in.  She says her e-mail box has something like 200 e-mails in it, so if you're mailing her, you've no chance boy!  You still got her number?  Be safe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts