YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
T.L.S. More dives than posts
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all,Liked what I saw on the site so thought I'd take the plunge (oooh sorry)I'm an Adv diver,Adv Nitrox & OWI with BSAC and a member of Teesside 43 Branch in Redcar.I have dived Florida keys,Jersey,Spain,Malta,Red sea,Chuuk and Turkey as well as the UK since taking up diving in 1992.Plans for 2003 include Ireland and the Phillipines (well it sounds good if it commes off).I look forward to meeting you all and dive safe.  

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

A very big welcome Kev, especially from me as I too am a Redcar boy.. (Not so much of a boy these days but we'll skip that bit eh)

I've dived with a few of your lads from the 43 when I've been down the South Gare and have also quaffed a pint or two in your very excellent clubhouse.

I'm now living in Ingleby Barwick but still have a house in Redcar which is currently being leased out, so I suppose that is my tentative link back to my hometown.. My brother Mark also lives in Redcar and he too is a YD member.

We have a busy year planned for 2003 and you'll find us a very active group of divers (With no politics - how refreshing is that??) some of us meet up nearly every other weekend (mainly inland at the moment) but are regulars up at St Abbs as it's one of our preferred gathering spots and we have a top skipper boxed off there, but this year we intend to move further afield as more and more people are joining from darn sarf and all over the bloody continent at the moment so things are looking great.

If you want to join in on any future dips or want to organise one yourself please feel free mate, it'll be nice to have someone to car share with too if you're up for it..

If you wanna chat and get something organised soon then gimme a ring on 01642 872302 or 0771 4034666

Cya later Kev and once more welcome to the boards...

Dave.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Welcome a-board (groan) Kev!

Feel free to post about your likes/dislikes, kit, questions, trips et al. And no doubt someone will organise a trip to Ireland soon.... maybe.

:thumb:

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Kev,

Just like to add my welcome to the guys above. Looking forward to hooking-up soon for a wet mate.

I've not dived the Keys, but have done the brackish waters of the Indian and Banana Rivers to dive with Manitees - just near Cocoa Beach/Patrick Air Force Base.

A chap that's done Chuuk/Truk Lagoon, eh? Look forward to chatting to you about that as that's on my list of 'Top Dives to Get Sorted Before I Snuff it'. Where in the Phillipines? Coron's on my list too.

Cheers,

·
Registered
288 Posts
Imported post

:wavey:
Hi Kev,
Welcome to the boards - here's a man who could recount a good trip or two methinks - look forward to reading your posts and meeting up with you soon.
Cheers
John

·
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Hi
Thanks for the warm welcome.
I will ring you after the hangover has subsided Dave and yes we will get it together.
Yes Bren Coron is on my list and it could be Oct/Nov 2003 depending on any local unrest.Chuuk ahhhh Chuuk. nuf said
Driftwood:- no sugar mate.
Happy New Year to all YD.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Kev,

I can see we're going to get on famoulsy mate!! If you're thinking of doing Coron, let me know as I've got some people that can put the gig together at a very reasonable package rate.....that, and I just might come with you.

Cheers,

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi Kev, welcome.  I take it you know Chris Denny of Denny Diving?  One of my mates, Neil Cushin is a diver too.  Nice chap.  Dive safely!  Ribbet.  :froggy:

·
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

Bren does your man have a ballpark figure for the Phillipines.Oct / Nov

Where would be the best place to post a shift rota as things seem to be moving on the trip front but alas not for me cos of work :cry: so I need to start trying to influence things :devious:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts