YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NULLI-SECUNDUS
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving around for work and come across this new dive centre its just of the main drag from Poole to Swanage.

Just U Dive

Thanks
James

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Hi James,

I heard about these guys. I understand that they are just across the road from Delta P :teeth:

Can't help thinking they are going to have a really hard time breaking into the market in the area though. Too much long established competition, especially considering Diving Leisure, a very long standing and respected operation, went to the wall a few months ago>>

·
NULLI-SECUNDUS
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now in Poole there is no competition only Dorset Divers and apart from the odd club which provides training.
Yes not far from Delta P, drive down from the round about to the Ind Estate theres new units on the left they are in one of those units.

Thanks
James

Hi James,

I heard about these guys. I understand that they are just across the road from Delta P :teeth:

Can't help thinking they are going to have a really hard time breaking into the market in the area though. Too much long established competition, especially considering Diving Leisure, a very long standing and respected operation, went to the wall a few months ago>>

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Now in Poole there is no competition only Dorset Divers and apart from the odd club which provides training.
Yes not far from Delta P, drive down from the round about to the Ind Estate theres new units on the left they are in one of those units.

Thanks
James
Keith Forward near the quay

Diverz behind B & Q

I think they both offer training??

·
NULLI-SECUNDUS
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keith Forward near the quay

Diverz behind B & Q

I think they both offer training??

Keith Forward hasn't done training for a couple of years he's thinking of getting back into the training side again.

Diverz
has closed up Shawn now only does first aid training no diving now.

The only one who offers training is Dorset Diving Services at the moment.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Keith Forward hasn't done training for a couple of years he's thinking of getting back into the training side again.

Diverz has closed up Shawn now only does first aid training no diving now.

The only one who offers training is Dorset Diving Services at the moment.
Well there you go. Two gone to the wall and one now t offering training. |No wonder Dorset Dave smiled last week :teeth:

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
I hear there's a shit-hot club with representation in the area ;)

Just a rumour mind......

Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
Could anyone please give me some information on this new club, or am I missing the point somewhere?

I moved to Poole last year and never got the time to start diving, due to work commitments. I went to book up with Diverz a few weeks ago and they are no more it seems.

Any reccomendations for a club to go to for the PADI open water course in Dorset (as near to Oakdale as possible) please - tried forward diving and they just simply ignore my emails!! Should I be looking for a 5 start dive centre or will a normal PADI dive centre suffice?

Thanks and apologies for the newbie stupid questions!!

Thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Could anyone please give me some information on this new club, or am I missing the point somewhere?

I moved to Poole last year and never got the time to start diving, due to work commitments. I went to book up with Diverz a few weeks ago and they are no more it seems.

Any reccomendations for a club to go to for the PADI open water course in Dorset (as near to Oakdale as possible) please - tried forward diving and they just simply ignore my emails!! Should I be looking for a 5 start dive centre or will a normal PADI dive centre suffice?

Thanks and apologies for the newbie stupid questions!!

Thanks
Andrew
Andrew,

A diving group does not have to be PADI at all, there are several affiliations possible, or none at all. SAA, BSAC will be the more common alternative in the south. There may well be a group made up of divers of various types. And don't forget PADI of course.

Alan aka Onthetrain here is a memebr of several Poole are clubs, he could be worth contacting.

Adrian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great, thank you for the information Adrian - only just getting into this diving lark, but it is absolutely fascinating!! I will drop onthetrain a PM

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Great, thank you for the information Adrian - only just getting into this diving lark, but it is absolutely fascinating!! I will drop onthetrain a PM
Hi,

You have mail. Just sent you my mobile number. Give me a call and I'll talk you through your options.

Alan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts