YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Similar vintage to a REAL Fender Telecaster®
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newly released non-unit specific student and instructor materials for CCR Air-Diluent and Air-Diluent Decompression Courses from Technical Diving International

full details in a TDI press release here >>> RELEASE <<<

·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey mate,
How are you doing?
When will I be able to get copies of the book in Malta mate?
It looks awesome and I am going to recommend it to all my CCR divers, past and present.

Paul
Paul: Not sure how the Maltese office will handle sales of this. If they are unable to get hold of it for you, contact Jess at HQ or order from the onLine store

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
I'm sorry but having had a VR3 and a Sentinel from Gurr Industries a 'new manual' is hardly going to be something I'm going to get excited about.
The track record is weak.

·
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Is this the first step towards a generic CCR course covering all units like the old days?

Digs.
Hey Digger: Probably not a generic course, at least not on the radar for TDI. Our philosophy is pretty clearly focused on unit specific training and certification. Never say never but it seems unlikely that we'd steer towards a generic card allowing diver Jim to get certified on a KISS and then go dive a Sentinel. Of course there are enough common aspects among CCRs to validate the use of a generic manual in conjunction to the unit specific manufacturer supplied user manual, but there are operational differences and vagaries that seem to support unit specific courses.

But if you feel strongly that our approach should be rethought, get your opinions in writing and fire them off to our training department. Not that they are sitting on their collective ass eating bon-bons and watching daytime TV but they are not too busy to pay attention to what divers and instructors think about training issues.

·
TDI Instructor Trainer
2,949 Posts

·
TDI Instructor Trainer
2,949 Posts
Is this available yet?
They will be arriving in the UK within the next week or two. If anyone wants to get one just let me know and I'll order a batch.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm sorry but having had a VR3 and a Sentinel from Gurr Industries a 'new manual' is hardly going to be something I'm going to get excited about.
The track record is weak.
also, quite to biased to be taken seriously... see page 15
unless there was a sudden loss of memory somewhere :-(

paul

1 - 12 of 12 Posts