YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Anyone using one of these Atomox analysers 'in the field'?

I know Neil Brock at Bristol Channel Diving has one in the shop and it's great, but what are they like out on a boat? Are they rugged enough?

£200 for a He analyser sounds too good to be true. I'm not sure I'd bother spending the extra on the He/O2 version as I'd keep my Analox O2 analyser anyway. No point firing one of these up for nitrox analysis after all.
Hi Nick, I agree that the one in Neil's shop is a great piece of kit. A friend of mine has one and while he doesn't actually take it on the boat he does carry it around in the boot of his car when he goes diving and it seems pretty rugged. It lives in its own case so that seems to do the job.

Steve

·
bored
2,308 Posts
Divesoft were at last years dive show, at that time they were looking for a UK agent for their analyser, thought that description hardly did it justice.
I raved about these at the time, the built in fill calculator, to reblend from any gas source, O2,He,Air or EaNx was a very tasty feature.

My cousins Girlfriend is Czech, I had been considering a direct approach to divesoft myself. Czech price is probably not UK inflated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts