YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few months of nail biting and a last minute hitch last Friday, we finally exchanged contracts on our new place today, much relief and joy in the Binnie household.

For many reasons we have had a few desperately awful years and we desperately wanted to get out of our old place with its awful memories and today has to be one of the best days of our lives, to say we are happy would be an understatement. There is much to do in the new place (new being a relative term, given the place is 70 years old and in the conservation area wher we live) but we are exstatic about the prospect of 'tarting' it up and making it how we want it.

We never thought we would like an old place but my wife fell in love with it just from the details and when we actually got inside to view it I knew I wanted it within 10 seconds. We have tried to move 3 times since we bought the current place 7 years ago and this has been a bit of a roller coaster, we move into the new place on the 21st, God only knows what its going to do to next years dive plans, but sometimes you just have to get your priorities sorted (so ther will be plenty of diving :) )

On a more practical note, it has no garage, limited off street parking, and not much space inside either, Heart ruling head in some ways, but that happens with a house doesnt it. We'll get a couple of sheds for the dive kit.
Makes me feel like a newly wed again in some ways as we will put our heart and soles into this 'project'. To quote McDonals, I'm loving it.

So I just though I'd share a bit of good news with you lot.

Matt

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Congratulations and can emphasise with you about the 'old place, awful memories' thing.

And remember, paintbrush, not reg! :)

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
yes matt can totaly understand the feeling of wanting to get away from somewhere

due to bad memmories but like u ! mine are behind me and thats where im guna keep em!

good luck with the new house mate and hope ya have many happy years there too!

regards leigh :teeth:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Glad you got what you wanted! As far as the DIY goes, FWIW we're looking at moving, prob Oct and with a bit of luck and a fair wind I'm planning to have all decorating etc done by the spring! :teeth:

HTH

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Oh brilliant! Chuffed to bits for you and the lovely Jacks. All the very best and I hope this place makes only wonderful memories.

All the very best and big hugs to you both from us both
xxxxxx

ps - will the cat like it?

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Oh brilliant! Chuffed to bits for you and the lovely Jacks. All the very best and I hope this place makes only wonderful memories.

All the very best and big hugs to you both from us both
xxxxxx

ps - will the cat like it?
The butter on the cat paws thing - does it work?

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
I know what you mean about wanting the place straight away, I didn't think you could attach emotion to a house. I'd spent 2 years post divorce in my deceased Dad's place and was thoroughly unhappy living there. Then I found this place in Weymouth and loved it when I walked through the door. It makes a massive difference.

Hope the excitement makes the move bearable! Good luck and well done.

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
I hope your new house builds you lots of happy memories. Here's to a great future in your new home.

Love Helen xxx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts