YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kid you not - a 27 year old Apple Baseband Engineer (the radio bit that makes the telephone calls) goes out on the lash and abandons his rather nice new iPhone HD (or 4G - whatever) on a stool. What's even wierder is that it was in a case to make it look externally like a 3GS.

Apple have now sent a letter to Gizmodo asking for said device to be returned.

But I have to say it does look rather nice and justifies my thoughts about not renewing my contract, waiting, and skipping the 3GS for this one.

This Is Apple's Next iPhone - Iphone 4 - Gizmodo

I bet it'll be expensive though...

·
No social integrator
4,457 Posts
Foolish weak humans... Jobs will sort it out soon enough..

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
So, a guy leaves a phone on a bar stool, a phone not yet available on the open market and it just happens to be picked up by some one who runs a gizmo website and he does a review.

Is this the deal? Call me suspicious but I would say that was meant to happen or in fact never happened in actuality.

·
No social integrator
4,457 Posts
So, a guy leaves a phone on a bar stool, a phone not yet available on the open market and it just happens to be picked up by some one who runs a gizmo website and he does a review.

Is this the deal? Call me suspicious but I would say that was meant to happen or in fact never happened in actuality.
Might wanna check your facts there obi-wan ...

·
No social integrator
4,457 Posts
You're right - much more likely than someone just leaving their phone in a pub. Whoever heard of someone doing something stupid when they're pissed. Silly me.

·
Mad as a Haddock
2,206 Posts
Never let the facts get in the way of a good story, Journalism 101 (whatever that means;))

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
You're right - much more likely than someone just leaving their phone in a pub. Whoever heard of someone doing something stupid when they're pissed. Silly me.
Especially when it is a top secret phone you are trailing for the company you just got a job for who have a reputation for demanding secrecy from it staff...that would be really daft, how did someone so stupid ever get such a job? The mind boggles....

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Especially when it is a top secret phone you are trailing for the company you just got a job for who have a reputation for demanding secrecy from it staff...that would be really daft, how did someone so stupid ever get such a job? The mind boggles....
I doubt he is stupid. He drank beer. Tell me one person who has never done something under the influence of alcohol that they wouldn't ordinarily do.

No-body is perfect.

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Still...all seems a bit 'viral' to me
I know what you mean - cynical me thinks it's been done to gauge feedback. A bit of free publicity and feedback on the design.

Although the fact it was in a case to make it look like a 3GS - they have to trial them out in the field and the baseband radio engineer would be a likely candidate to do that. I reckon this is a very very unlucky accident.

They're sort of damned if you do and damned if you don't. Although I'm surprised Apple haven't done a cease and desist on this yet...

·
Out of his depth
386 Posts
Yes, you'd never get people leaving secret documents on trains or losing laptops full of sensitive information in responsible jobs like the UK government. Oh, hang on...

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I bet it'll be expensive though...
Unlikely to be any more so than the last one. There's nothing significantly "better" about the new one - slightly different case, a little extra camera, a little bigger battery, probably a little faster processor, a little better screen... but you'd expect those kinds of improvements over time. Only big change sounds like the screen, supposedly much higher resolution, but sure that can be absorbed into the price and component cost reductions elsewhere.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.