YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Ok all I'm in a really weird place right now.  I finally feel as though I am now fully kitted up and don't really need to anything new - It's an uncomfortable feeling I can tell ya.

So suggestions please on new things I can spend my money on.  

ps. This doesn't really mean that I will buy anything but I just want to regain that "I must get that bit of kit" feeling.  Lets have some creative answers.

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Know what you mean.
Ive pretty much got everything I need and wanted.

Then you find whole new avenues that you dont want to start down. Its very wierd....... Must control self and not spend mortgage money!!!

Have you thought about a camera.

Or even better a RIB.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Imported post

Have you got a lift bag?  Just in case you find sunken treasure...

Or a PLB, so people can find you?

No, I know....a RIB, with every RIB purchase you get a free forum full of diving friends!

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Seriously Tim, Buy a RIB.

Its the best thing you can do. Your wife will love you for it.
Even better. Buy your wife and kids a Boat for their xmas pressie. They will think your great. Make sure you buy it without telling her. It will be a great surprise for her.

Make sure you gift wrap it.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Backups. Spare parts. Spare tools.
A scooter.

I'm considering buying a bit of bog pipe to get a customised wrist-slate/instrument holder type thing going - to hold my compass, D-timer, possibly a watch, and some backup deco tables.

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Tim, Your BSAC now,

1. Crowbar,
2. Speargun,
3. Fishing Driftnet
4. Lobster Cage (for when at St. Abbs)

Joke, before I offend anyone!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

and don't forget a medium sized sabre to strap to your calf ;)
I don't think I've ever heard a diver say they've got enough kit, you not tempted by the twinset idea yet?
Steve

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Buy a compass, strobe light, compass, new knife, bigger torch, camera, new regs, a pony, new drysuit - shall I continue?  Or you could take all your YD pals out for a dive gig...

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

Nice suggestions all.  You see, I have most of all those things and the others haven't really given me that "ooh, yes I simply MUST have that" feeling.

Ah well, I'll just have to go diving instead then!

·
Resident Serbian Sniper
492 Posts
Imported post

Strobes are indeed a handy thing,must get one myself.Get a cheap crowbar too,with a lanyard on it,in dayglow yellow.Just revel in the Buggers looking but not daring to say anything.Also look into getting a speargun,preferably one with a tripod spear and elastic powered(that takes 3 men to cock)like AndyH's and watch their faces at Stoney when you log in and put "gene pool cleansing"on your dive plan.Another "must have" are replica hand grenades,put em in a bucket(about 2 weeks'll do with a cup of salt) to give "age and patina",hide discreetly in your kit till you get out,(having picked a suitably busy site) then make a big show of examining it closely with your mate and scratching your head,then,when you're sure you have everyones' attention,scream loudly,"Shit,the pins dropped out!"drop it and run.Don't do this on a boat though.Ever.They just don't find it that funny and it can be a long swim home, naked, with your strobe inserted painfully in your howling spider.Cheers,Hobby.

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Hobby on 1:30 pm on Nov. 21, 2002
Another "must have" are replica hand grenades,put em in a bucket(about 2 weeks'll do with a cup of salt) to give "age and patina",hide discreetly in your kit till you get out,(having picked a suitably busy site) then make a big show of examining it closely with your mate and scratching your head,then,when you're sure you have everyones' attention,scream loudly,"Shit,the pins dropped out!"drop it and run.Don't do this on a boat though.Ever.They just don't find it that funny and it can be a long swim home, naked, with your strobe inserted painfully in your howling spider.Cheers,Hobby.
<span =''>
That is FUNNY - I got to try that (preferably at the next local BSAC meeting or wreck amnesty gathering!

Memo to self - get some dummy hand grenades.

Goow work fella!

(See you next weekend!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Imported post

now you mention hand grenades.... buy half a dozen ww2 mills bombs(deactivated)from the army/ navy store, they are made of cast iron; and arrange them around your weight belt instead of the standard lead weights.
imagine the looks you will get at stoney/ cape/ on the dive boat ;-)  

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

If any wants it ive got a diagram of how to make a limpet mine.

Bit of soap powder and nitric acid.

Jobs a good one.

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Ben - we've got border guards to keep terrorists away y'know.

I'll be checking your passport too !!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts