YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi, I've just found your web site, so thought I'd take a look.

I'm pretty new to diving, I passed my Open Water last July at Capernwray, and did the Advanced Open Water course in the Red Sea last September.  That was absolutely fantastic, only marred by terrible seasickeness the whole week. Does anyone have any proven remedies?

I love diving, but know I need a lot more experience, and now need the chance to learn.

I've never been on a forum before, so hope I get it right.  Any hints would be appreciated.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Carol,

1st off - A warm welcome to YD !!

As for sea-sickness remedies, please see this link below and take the advice of your doctor if symtoms persist:

http://www.yorkshire-divers.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=17&topic=29

It's a pleasure having any new divers aboard and we wiil do our level best to help in any way we can. Please remember that the daftest question is the one you didn't ask. You can ask anything on here about any aspect of diving (regardless of training agency) and we should be able to get you the info you seek. So ask away!

And please don't be shy about getting in amongst it on our dive trips - consider yourself invited along. We'll always be able to get you a buddy if you need one. And if you feel like doing any other courses, then the place is littered with Instructors that we're happy to recommend as being good and safe.

Hope this helps and we look forward to your posts and seeing you on a dive with us some time soon. Please see the 'Planned Trips' section for the list of group trips on offer.

Take care and welcome again.

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi Carol, and welcome.  Good to have you with us, our numbers are growing.  Dive safely.  :froggy:

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Carol

Welcome aboard, if you look through a few of the other threads i think you will find you will not get better more balanced advice anywhere.

Plus there is always someone who knows a link to any answer, usually Bren.

Safe Diving

Paul

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Hi Carol and welcome, there'll be plenty of opportunities to get out diving with the YD Troop, after all the "season" hasn't yet begun for many divers and there's plenty going on already with us lot, roll on summer :biggrin:

Chee-az
steve

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Hi Carol,

welcome aboard.  I see you're already getting stuck in - you'll have more balls than PeterK soon!

As for certain cures I have many but only for sobriety (being sober is a terrible and often misunderstood affliction) and oddly they all involve alcohol.

Tim

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

Hi Tim

Thanks for the welcome.  As for getting more balls than PeterK, as he can't get his fifth one, I'm not so sure.

Have you got a sobriety cure for the 'memory loss' when having one, well two pints more than usual?  

I went out with some mates last Thursday, had two extra pints of the amber nectar, and next day they kept telling me of things that I just do not remember!!

Actually, I reckon they are just conspiring against me for a laugh.  I couldn't forget all that they reckon I did and said.

So, if you've got a cure for that, pleeeeease let me know.  :burp: :jpshakehead:

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

Welcome to the nut house ,,,, nice to see a women with a GSH... :yelclap:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

Hi Andy

Thanks for that.

GSOH is a must, life's too short.

You gotta get out there - and enjoy it

:lol3:  :wavey:

·
Charter Boat Skipper, Salvage Diver & YBOD abuser
1,605 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hey, Carol,
How come your intro gets 180 views in just over a week?

And why has the :wink: emoticon been binned?  

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

Hi Angleseydiver

I dunno, clocked up over 200 views now, pretty good eh?

Must be my dynamic personality and GSOH shining thru

Don't know why, but all the old emoticons have disappeared from the postings?? Maybe one of the mods can put them back??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts