YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi there, I may not get this right first time, as this is my first time logging on.  I am a BSAC Advanced diver with about 400 dives to my name.  I started diving in 1994 and enjoy diving both in the UK and abroard, especially abroad.  I have trips planned this year to the Clyde, St Abbs and the Maldives plus days out to Angelsey.  If anyone would like to get in touch and plan some days out that would be good.

Happy diving, Fiona

·
Resident Serbian Sniper
492 Posts
Imported post

Hello Fi(hope that's OK?),welcome to YD!!!!

You'll find a real eclectic mix here but hopefully no nastiness etc so apparent elsewhere.Any questions just ask(as long as they won't embarrass me!)
We have a "mass gig"planned in the near future to Anglesey have a look at the Planned trips section,you'll be more than welcome.
Have fun,hope you learn as much from the posts here as myself,Hobby.

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Another one!  Welcome to the board - look forward to reading you.  Dive safely.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Hi Fiona,
          Welcome to the world of YD. I see you're "doing" the Clyde.I've dived a bit in the Clyde myself. Any idea on what you'll be doing and I'll try and give pointers i.e. interesting bits, whisky holds, the secret gold chests, etc.
Peter

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Thanks Peter,

I don't know what we will be doing, this ones a club dive trip, probably the main dives, can't remember which marina we are out of but I enjoyed it last time I was there which was a couple of years ago now.

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Thanks Peter,

I don't know what we will be doing, this ones a club dive trip, probably the main dives, can't remember which marina we are out of but I enjoyed it last time I was there which was a couple of years ago now.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Fiona,

You are indeed very welcome to YD!

Word of advice - steer clear of wonton rogues like Davey Willo and you'll be fine!  

As Hobby said, we've got a mass YD Troop Gig to Anglesey in early July (25+ divers and counting) and you're more than welcome to join in the fun. In fact, we're hooking up Merseyside SAC (Branch No:5) for BBQ's on the beach and the odd polite medium-sweet sherry, or five, so get in amongst it! Hope you can make it.

Oh, we also do St Abbs and the Clyde, so maybe see you on one of those jaunts too.

Cheers,

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

And your location is 'Hollingworth'? Is that the lake, or somewhere else?? If it is Hollingworth Lake, then we're neighbours. Many a youthful interlude spent in 'The Fish'.

Cheers,

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Bren,

No wrong Hollingworth, mine is near Glossop although I spent a few evenings myself in the fish many many years ago.

As for Angelsey sounds like fun, although I don't shore dive as I have very dogey knees, mostly Ribs for me I think one of the messages refered to Porthdaffach (can't Spell).  If there is a time and place for meeting then I would diffinately like to meet some new dive buddies.

PS I'll keep and eye open for Davey Willo.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FionaB @ May 06 2003,12:22)] If anyone would like to get in touch and plan some days out that would be good.
would love to do some days out, particularly sundays or weekends away,  drop me your phone number on a PM.
Jules

·
Registered
599 Posts
Imported post

Fi
nice to see a derbyshire lass on the boards Im just down the road between chesterfield and matlock we derbyshire folk have to stick together !!

nigel

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Welcome Fi, even though you're from up there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nigel @ May 20 2003,00:15)]we derbyshire folk have to stick together !
Hey Nigel,
You'll have to come up with a better chat up line than that!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Imported post

H
when are you next coming up to stoney I could do with getting some good photos of that dry suit.

nigel

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Chaps

Sorry do disappoint you but actually I live in Cheshire.  Derbyshire is all of 2 miles away, Lancashire is about 6 and Yorkshire is maybe 15.

However Nigel, that's the best offer I have had in a long time !!

Fiona

1 - 15 of 15 Posts