YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Optimist
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

My name is Tony Green. I took my OW in Corfu earlier this year and was bitten with the diving bug. I have taken the advanced with AquaNorth in Newcastle and I am nearly finished my Rescue Divers course. I have bought all my own equipment, and look forward to meeting and diving with some of you in the future.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#32CD32'>HI TONY G. I DIVED IN CORFU THREE YRS AGO. LUSH CLEAR WATER BUT CRAP DIVE TEAM.NOT ALOT TO SEE IT WAS THE USUAL TRY DIVE CRAP IE NO BCD USE, JUST PACK YOU FULL OF WEIGHT AND DOWN YOU GO. STILL I LOVED IT SO MUCH THAT I CAME HOME AND QUALIFIED AND ALSO CAUGHT A BUG. WELCOME AGAIN:D

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Tony,

Welcome to YD mate!

God luck on the Rescue course, you'll learn a lot. Get in amongst it here and hope to see you on the next Farnes or Tynemouth trip.

Cheers,

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

Hi Tony
You will love the rescue course, it's hard work but really worthwhile. look forward to meeting on a YD trip somewhere soon
jules:D

·
Registered
256 Posts
Imported post

Hi Tony,
I`m a new boy as well,post just b4 yours, They are a good bunch on here, I have allready had a some good advice from a couple of questions posted, enjoy and ask away.

Have fun
Mark

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

Welcome to YD Tony, plenty of potential dive buddies venturing up North to your neck of the woods.
As Bren pointed out Farnes quite a popular venue.
Also youre nicely on route for when some of the gang go tripping to the Clyde or North of Oban etc

Tony K

·
Optimist
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (xmatelot @ Oct. 07 2003,19:04)]Hi Tony,

Wasn't with Corfu Divers by any chance was it?

ATB

Ian
Thanks for the welcome. Yes,  Ian it was with Corfu Divers (Angelo Kiros). I am going back to dive with him again in July 2004. Have you dived with him?

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#810541'>Yep, I remember him. Dived with him last year. Got on really well with him. We booked with him for August this year, paid him, but then in May this year, my girlfriend got quite ill and under medical advice, had to cancel the holiday. What followed was nothing short of a disgrace on his part. Trying to get him to refund our money (we booked direct with him) was an exercise in futility. At first he said yeah, no problem but it quickly become obvious that he wasn't keen doing this. To cut a long story short he eventually paid up (not the full amount though!) about 8 weeks and many numberous phone calls and emails and faxes and pigeon couriers after first being  notified. He was well aware of the stress being heaped upon my girlfriend (she bought this holiday as a present for me and was going to do her OW there) and we needed this money to help her, but he didn't give a toss. It's unfortunate because we enjoyed Kassioppi and the diving and Angelos came across as a really nice guy, but we'll never go back. My girlfriend has now recovered and we've just returned from Malta which was excellent! Paradise Bay Diving well recommended http://www.paradisediving.com/pages/1/index.htm

How was the diving there?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Imported post

Hi
i am carolyn just recently joined this website after diving with Mattbin at the weekend in stoney where is convinced I am a jinx.

I am a Rescue diver with 60 dives mostly inland with some red sea and mexico experience, would like to get more dives in as i eventually hope to become a DM

It would be graet to hear from anyone if they want a buddy

Bobcat

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Now therein lies a story.
Dive 1 - Bob decides to buddy up with my mate Paul and he gets a leak in his dry suit that he's had for 3 yrs no problems.
Dive 2 - Bob decides to dive with me and another Paul as Paul [1] doesnt want to get cold (again - fair enough) so we dive as a three, cept we dont do a Buddy check on me do we cos I'm the odd one (comments?) so guess who doesnt do his dry suit feed. 2m down and I realise water is in me crutch, instead of a nice bit of air in me suit.

Anyway Bob (or Carolyn as was christened) get your self on the intros page and on the buddy page. Also look in planned trips.

Other than jinxing my suit I'd dive with the lady again and I'm sure Paul[1] would as he didnt tell me not to on dive 2.  

Mind you, the fins have got to go!!!

Welcome aboard as they say, nice to see you on here.
Matt

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bobcat @ Oct. 09 2003,12:50)]Hi
i am carolyn just recently joined this website after diving with Mattbin at the weekend in stoney where is convinced I am a jinx.

I am a Rescue diver with 60 dives mostly inland with some red sea and mexico experience, would like to get more dives in as i eventually hope to become a DM

It would be graet to hear from anyone if they want a buddy

Bobcat
Hi Carolyn !!,

Don't let him pass the mantle to you.  It is well known that the jinx is in fact Mattbin himself.

It has been a proven fact that a big dark cloud follows him around and conspires to ruin any dive sites he visits.  He has been able to shake it off a few times but on the whole.....

Welcome to the boards and any friend of Matts....  has my sympathy.  Just kidding, he's ok really and not a bad diver all told just don't tell him I said it.  

Daz

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ Oct. 09 2003,14:10)]a big dark cloud follows him around and conspires to ruin any dive sites he visits.
Aha! That explains why Wraysbury's the way it is, then!

Tom  

·
Registered
23 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>The force fins have gone and I am back to my normal fins:)  so no more feeling strange in the water

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Bobcat

Who's Strange the Lucky Guy?

OK, i am concerned, i have invited MattBin out on a few dives and he has not managed to make it. But if i keep doing this will he bring his Jinx to Dover?

I am worried

Concerned of Dover area

1 - 16 of 16 Posts