YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

OK It's not a dive computer, but it's water resistant to 100M

Getting news headlines and instant messages on your deco stop sounds like fun, I wonder how long before the dive computers have all this crap in. I think I'd switch to another manufacturer.

http://direct.msn.com/about/watches.aspx

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Imported post

Ha! Ha!

I've never had an M$ PC that could be trusted to stay up longer than five minutes. No way would I use anything of theirs on a dive

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Imported post

I can see it now... you're on a dive... suddenly...

Paperclip: Hey! It looks like you're underwater!
*beep*
Reach the sea bed...
Paperclip: Hey! It looks like you're nearly into deco-stop territory. Want me to sign you up to a Nitrox class?
*beep*
Paperclip: Hey! You've gone into decompression!
*Bluescreen*

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,655 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (GarethB @ Jan. 16 2004,13:44)]What operating system do you think the NHS, BUPA and Nuffield hospitals use for their issue logging and diagnostic programs.

Gareth
that rather explains the waiting lists..........

Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dominic @ Jan. 16 2004,13:25)]I can see it now... you're on a dive... suddenly...

Paperclip: Hey! It looks like you're underwater!
*beep*
Reach the sea bed...
Paperclip: Hey! It looks like you're nearly into deco-stop territory. Want me to sign you up to a Nitrox class?
*beep*
Paperclip: Hey! You've gone into decompression!
*Bluescreen*
And to reset it you would need to shut off all your tanks, hold in all the purge buttons on all the demand valves that you have whilst flashing your torch and whistling the Microsoft tune.

·
Premium Member
5,666 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dcrampt @ Jan. 16 2004,19:53)]Hey a guy in my dive club writes the software for those ATM machines and he says their all run on Windoz!!

Mate of mine also works for a company that writes and installs coding for ATM machines worldwide. They were once in Cuba working round the clock to impliment a system and when it finally went live, they were on call for a few weeks to ensure its working properly. First night, the phone is ringing off the hook - there is one error in the coding. The programmer has put a '+' where there should be a '-'. So, everytime someone made a withdrawal, it added that amount to their account! Wish he did the software for Lloyds TSB!!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Can't remember Bren me ol' pal....

I'm pretty sure it was on a dive forum post (not necessarily YD - curse my bad cross-fora wickedness) so I can't claim the finders fee.

Still pretty good though - it just stuck in my mind and a 10 minute Dogpile found the right site......

Glad you liked Porg  

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dcrampt @ Jan. 16 2004,19:53)]Hey a guy in my dive club writes the software for those ATM machines and he says their all run on Windoz!!

Id agree with that.

Ive seen a "crashed" ATM in Paddington railway station.  It was showing a dialog error box whinging about inability to access a DLL.  This was about 3 years ago.

On a similar note, in 2000 Bristol Airports departure screens were all showing a NT BSOD for some 30 minutes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.