YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Artist formerly known as 'John Duncan'
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>Bren said come in the water is lovely, so here I am. I have posted views on other sites and either not recieved satisfactory replies or feel that there is too much snobbery between divers of different training agencies or using different kit or kit configurations. I dive with Twins and singles, drysuit and semi, If someone asks my opinion I will give it and I wont preach to them on how to be a better diver. some of the most enjoyable dives I have logged have been in less than 10m, I dont see the point to dive as deep as I can push the envelope (unless there is a point to it) just to log a big number. Hope to have a few good chats and construstive exchange of views, JOHN

Reactions: milldog

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi John

I am also quite new to YD's and have found them very nice although I did get my wrists slapped early on, my fault shouldn't have risen to something someone said.  All forgetten now though, I think!

I also enjoy all types of diving from shallow bimbles like the ones on Sunday to wrecks, I don't take critters or brass they can both stay where they are.

Just read your profile to see where you are from etc. and I see you don't like Americans, same here especially ones like the group I was on a dive boat with on the GBR in November who hoisted their state flag on the flag pole

Fiona

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey John,

You are indeed welcome mate, and such a refreshingly healthy attitude too! Please feel free to ask and answer on any topic and get in amongst it generally. Look forward to reading your input and maybe see ya on a dive! Have a quick look in the 'Planned Trips' section and see what takes your fancy and then get your name down on one or more of the dives on offer.

Cheers,

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi and welcome.  Nice to have you on board, as Bren says, ask away.  Dive safely.  

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi John and welcome, like your signature  

One good thing about the "septic tanks", if you're ever feeling a bit like you've bitten off more than you can chew
and not sure if you can cope with it, trying talking to one of our "cousins from across the pond", then you'll feel like you're Einstein and can tackle anything

Chee-az
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts