YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

i just bought a pony with a dacor fury reg. it's the same as my main reg so i swaped it over so i am using a bran new reg. i've had no problems with either but was wondering what the general opinion of the dacor fury reg is. are they good/crap? is it worth me investing in a more pricey one? will i notice a big difference? all your views are welcome. tell it like it is.
cheers
ian.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Hi Ian,

Don't know about the dacor personally although aren't they owned by Mares now ?   Should be pretty reasonable and if you are happy with them I don't see why you should upgrade at this stage.  

If you are diving with an AAS you have a good degree of redundancy so you have options in the event of a failure anyway.  I would say it is better to dive with 2 reasonable regs in a redundant configuration than an all singing all dancing 2nd stage with no redundancy.

Are both of your 1st stages the same and are they balanced or not. ?

Just my humble opinion.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Sorry Ian but I'm not into this brand image thing. Do the regs work, i.e. can you breath off them when you use them or are you planning more adventurous diving for which you dont think theyll cope? Do they breath nice, dry easy etc. If the answer to the first question is no and yes to the second then why bother changing them. I have Oceanics (SP4/Alpha) which are supposed to be summer job, so far I have used them down to 7c inland and they cope, should I change them, not unless I plan to go colder and I think theyll free-flow, but I have seen winter regs free-flow before mine. Thats probably given them the kiss of death.
OK so some people might not like your regs - do you? Yes, then spend your money on some other absolutely necessary piece of kit - a camera perhaps, smb, whatever.
Hope that helps
Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts