YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at work today and got chatting as you do...

According to Leister the chippy...they are developing a new inland dive site at Sterwartby, which is off the A421 just south of Bedford.(just off the M1 Jcn 13)... He said they are going for the biggest purpose built inland site in Europe.

Does anyone have anymore info...

Thanks A

·
Please delete all my posts
12,604 Posts
sounds like a rehash of 'the dive dome'. lets have a google as its quiet at work.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've just Google earthed as well...but then I did my house and I reccon its not been updated since last summer..cos lots has changed.

·
Finally not a new member
270 Posts
Probably one of the old London Brick clay pits. LB used to have a huge brickworks at Stewartby which was surrounded by the old clay pits. Thought most had been filled in by land fill.

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
Pahh.. some green bollocks - now't about divin'

Chris

·
Presenter - info on scuba diving dot com
536 Posts
It may be part of something called the "Oxford Clay Plan"

I bought a house in Kempston Hardwick years ago next to the brick yard there, and when I bought it, a huge book came from the solicitor about the long term plans for the area once the brick yards had all gone.

Just a few days before I moved to where I am now, we had notification of the last chimneys being blown down and I filmed it for BBC's Look East News with multiple camera angles.

Stewartby has long been used for power boats and water ski-ing, so not sure how that would fit in with diving.

·
Resident Windfarmologist
1,852 Posts
NIRAH is the name of the project that is being constructed in beds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.