YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi

Thought i would introduce myself. I am a member of Canterbury Divers and always looking for contacts and diving opertunities for my dive buddies. We are regular divers out of Dover where we have about 300 wrecks to chose from and we are always happy to take out guest divers.

My main use of all forums is to gain knowledge, hear opinions and have a laugh. I very rarley will get involved in nit picking arguments as i beleve just about everything is subject to sensible interpretation.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

From everything you've said Paul, I think you'll like it here... and we'll no doubt be visiting you sometime too.. 300 wrecks eh?? nice..

Welcome to our little part of the Internet mate, chat soon

Dave

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

hi Paul.  Good to have you with us.

Any chance of a run down on your best wrecks at some point?

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Yes

I will put something on the wreck forum. With having so many i still have a lot to check out myself but i tended this year to concentrate on the Dover Patrol from the two World Wars. These are mainly Armed Trawlers that are good for most diver levels and a good size to see the whole wreck in one go. Plus they are not generally overdived.

Most of our wrecks are in the 25-35m range although we have deeper ones out along the shipping lanes.

Regards

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

I recognize that name, Hi Paul and welcome aboard, think you'll find the ambience here is a bit (pleasantly) different from the other forums.
Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
288 Posts
Imported post

Hi Paul!
Welcome to the boards - with that number of wrecks lying around in your area I've a feeling your soon going to be very popular!!
Dive safe - hope to read lots of posts from your part of the world.
cheers
John

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Hands off you lot!!! I saw him first, he's my mate, well he is going to be withwrecks in that depth.
Welcom Paul, good to have you with us (at last).
Once me & the boy are happy dry-baggers we'll drop down and guest with you, if thats OK with you.
Matt

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi Paul, and welcome to our forum!  Good to have you with us, look forward to reading you on the boards.  Be safe, dive safely.  :froggy:

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Imported post

I would add that we also dive out of Herne Bay which also has lots of wrecks, largely unexplored. But it is like diving in a cold cup of tea there.

We have an annual pilgramage out to the Tizard Bank to look for the wreck of Amy Johnson's plane and we have a nice wreck on the Girdler Bank in 12m that is good for a depth progression and intro to wrecks for our beginers.

Regards

·
1,403 Posts
Imported post

so with all those great wrecks out there, why are you on this computer thingy so much?

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

Its a work thing, you won't hear much from me at the weekends, and its all down to how busy i am.

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Paul,

You post as often as you want on any subject you want!! Weekdays or weekends mate. We look forward to reading what ya got.

Cheers and dive it safe ,

·
1,403 Posts
Imported post

Yeah brens right.  Post as much as you want, and bring your friends.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts