YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

Hi All

Registered here for a while but only now got to posting. Have used DNET (handbagnet) for ages.

I'll try to put more info in my profile. However, PADI Assistant Instructor - 200+ dives all in Cornwall, nearly all on wrecks; loads with near-panic, panicked, meteoric trainees (brilliant learning curve); all on air - although doing Nitrox at the moment. Generally dive 25 - 55m range.

If you have any questions regarding diving in Cornwall, ask away - especially South Coast wrecks.

Best wishes

PH

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#736AFF'>Evening!
Welcome aboard. Theres lotsof lovely people in here so just enjoy.
Did I beat Bren on the welcoming committee again??? Oh goody!
I am spending last two weeks of August  in cornwall in so perlease come diving with me?
? Would love you to show me the best places to go.

cheers buddy

jules

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Imported post

Wow! What a friendly and instantaneous response - thanks guys.

I guess I have gained a good diversity of experience for the little diving I've done, but mainly due to the guys I dive with: about 30 years local diving between them and probably in the region of 5000-6000 dives - I've a long way to go by their standards.

I would love to hook-up and dive with you Julia. Have you arranged where you're staying and who you're diving with yet?

We are off early tomorrow morning to check-out a 'lump' off The Lizard Point which some local boat anglers have snagged their lines on for years. The area is usually all sand, so we're hoping it will be worth it. It lies in 48m in an area where U-Boats got lucky during WWI.

Have fun all.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rewrites @ July 10 2003,20:15)]I would love to hook-up and dive with you Julia. Have you arranged where you're staying and who you're diving with yet?
<font color='#736AFF'>We are staying in Perranporth  for a week and Paidstow for a week. It's a family holiday with friends with kids same ages as mine so if I bring my kit I can go AWOL for at least one day. I will PM you my  number
thanks buddy

jules

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Welcome rewrites to the board.

You lucky bugger, all those top sites off Cornwall,  how do you manage to get any work done.

Was down at Porthkerris in May,  coming back down for the August bank holiday and also October (Oh boy do we love Porthkerris).  

Can definitely relate to the students bit,  my diving and awareness under water has improved considerably since I started working with students some time back and boy do you learn to expect the unexpected.

Hope to meet up sometime in the not too distant future.

Daz

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Rewrites,

Just to add the above - welcome to YD mate. I think it would be churlish in the extreme for YD not to organise a troop gig down to your neck of the woods at some time in the future - I hear rave reviews of the place in general and the diving in particular. Haven't been to Cornwall since I was a nipper in the 1970s! Shocking, I know  

Weclome aboard and feel free to get yourself invited onto any of the dives in the Planned Trips section below.

Cheers,

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

Hi and welcome, nice to have you with us.  Dive safely.  

1 - 8 of 8 Posts