YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

New to YD

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  John Holmes 
#1 ·
Imported post

Hi!!
I have been looking for ways of getting more dives in and Im hoping to get more experience with 30m+ dives, preferably in the sea!(Getting a bit bored with trips to inland sites or to 10m).And this seemed to be a forum that could help!
I have been diving for nearly 2 years and im a DL and DM. I live in Leeds, so can boost the number of members that actually reside in Yorkshire!
Id be interested in any trips around the Uk!
Cheryl

#2 ·
Imported post

Hey Cheryl,

Your are indeed most welcome to YD!! And a genuine Yorkie to boot!! They're rare around here, so thanks for boosting the ranks of the natives!

We will be more than happy to help you in any of your diving requirements and/or endeavours - from actual diving, to kit recommendations to providing buddies and helping you in your wish to do more sea diving and attaining the depths you're hoping to achieve. When do you want to start??

As you can see, we've got an active dive calendar with regular trips to both the Lake District and St Abbs in Scotland. We've also got a rather large troop dive in Anglesey and Trearddur bay off North Wales planned for Saturday, 08th and Sunday 09th March taking in both wreck, shore and scenic - so please feel free to join us if you can. It's a mixed group of lads and lasses of all diving capabilities, so you should feel right at home.

See what you think any way and let us know your thoughts.

Welcome aboard once again and hope to see you on a dive soon.

Cheers,

#7 ·
Imported post

Hi Cheryl

I'm the DIR tart with a side line in bondage (A little injoke that as time progress's you'll start to understand, but for now please don't let it put you off)...So.. welcome to our ever expanding gathering of diving fanatics, there are a sh*tload of YD'ers from around the Leeds/Dewsbury area so you'll not want for buddy's midweek or weekends and as Bren's already mentioned there's lots going on so your need for more dives should be a thing of the past, infact just lately it's starting to get frantic with loads of choice... If you have any sites you fancy visiting get it, with dates, thrown into the ring and you'll no doubt get a great response

Hope to meet up soon on one of our troop gigs..

All the best Cheryl
Dave

#10 ·
Imported post

:wavey:
Hi Cheryl!
Welcome to the site! Look forward to reading your posts and to meeting you at one of the dives pretty soon. As Bren Tierney said there are lots of things planned in the near future so lots of opps for getting wet
Dive Safe!!
Cheers
John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.