YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
That's Members Representative to you!
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

My second hand 620 is fab! BUT, now i'm getting abroad and doing some decent night dives, I'd like a torch similar to 620 but with at least one hour + burn time.

Any suggestions? I'd like a similar sized unit to the 620. Halogen/Xenon or HID, not fussed...

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Why not use it with a lower wattage bulb (13w?) or is there a switch to run on half power.  That should double the burn time.

Daz

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Hi Justin,

How about a UK Light cannon.  10w HID which is very bright.

Burn time is just ages - easily more than 2 good dives.

Funnily enough I have one for sale inc rechargable batteries (16 C cells) and recharger.

I just replaced it for an umbilical jobbie so don't really need it.  Make me an offer.

I can bring it over to Chester - I'm over that way often enough

·
Street Cleansing Operative
4,427 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Timing @ Oct. 28 2003,10:38)]Funnily enough I have one for sale inc rechargable batteries (16 C cells) and recharger.
<font color='#000080'>I needn't look far for sharks next week - I'll be diving with one!

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

I have a FA &MI torch, the Stilio HID model, bloody expensive, but following some murky dives on the Clyde, everyone who said i was stooopid for spending so much shut up (strange that innit).  I get at least 2 dives out of it, with the torch on all the time throughout the dive.  Its an umbilical, but you can screw the head directly to the battery pack to make a maglite size torch.  Its bloody bright - looks like a lightsabre!  Be careful not to fry stuff with it though (like your buddies retinas...oops).  Availible from Denney Diving, seach for diving direct.

·
Part of the 'Phoenix Programme'
1,112 Posts
Imported post

Dear Justin

I use a Treble light, burn time around an hour....for 45 hours of burn time, tho, take a look at this

Dive Knife/Lamp

A German fellow that was diving with us came up with this gadget, and let me test it out last week...it is still prohibitively expensive, but I love the idea....

moray

p.s. will let you borrow my treble on any night dives you will want to do week after next :-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts