YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>New toy Sony DSC-P10, anyone any idea from experience the best "White Balance" setting for underwater shots in the 10 mtr to 25 mtr range, tropical open water.
On the camera I have the following choices: Incandescent, Fluorescent, Cloudy , Daylight or auto.
I have thought about a Red filter but seeing as its first time out I would give it a go without one.

Safe Diving and Never get your ambitions mixed up with your capabilities...

Regards

TOG Diver    

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Hi Peter,

White balence is a tricky one, first go I would always try auto, it should select the best one for the conditions, next guess would be cloudy. You can't beat lights over a red filter, with the red filters you will need a couple of options depending on depth intended and water conditions.

I am currently without a camera due to a small water ingress problem, but hope to have this solved before Egypt. My problem is I can't for the life of me decide whether to stick with stills or go for video.

Ho humm.

Andrew

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Peter

Someone on a previous posting some time ago recommended the cloudy setting.

Fiona

·
Registered
609 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Yup. Cloudy setting simply because that adds most red of the options. There's a good chance the auto will do that for you anyroads though.

Kyrre

1 - 4 of 4 Posts