YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I've just read about a ferry sinking in the Maldives. Maldives wreck.

Something new to look at when I get there in November!!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Imported post

Oh dear! Bad news there....

Where you off to Reeve? Just got back myself after 2 weeks of diving bliss! 9 manta's swimming around me on my 5 metre safety stop...I'm still dreaming!

Scubachick

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>location- sun island resort(5*) nalaguraidhoo island in the south ari atoll, maldives. 2 weeks of diving and sun. Apparently it's all inclusive and wonderful diving. I'm looking forward to it.

gareth

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Didn't want to have to say this, BUT, can we please remember that 17 folks died on this 'New Wreck'?! I've dived on wrecks in the Maldives which are 'cruiser' size (and no, I'm keeping 'em to myself, GPS and all), but no one died on them and we were able to spend days there diving, full holds and penetration type gig. Happy days.

Ferries going down ('Salem Express'?) invariably means casualties, because in these necks of the woods they are crammed to the gunnels...not just a new wreck.

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bren Tierney @ Mar. 19 2004,01:01)]Didn't want to have to say this, BUT, can we please remember that 17 folks died on this 'New Wreck'?!

Ferries going down ('Salem Express'?) invariably means casualties, because in these necks of the woods they are crammed to the gunnels...not just a new wreck.
<font color='#0000FF'>My thoughts exactly Bren, lets not joke about this sort of thing.

Saw the posting last night but couldn't get the link to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts