YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Just wondered how everyone got on on their holly polly's over the new year?
I did the Redsea on the Tiger Lily with the girlfriend. The boat's very good, the crew excellent & the food fantastic (though i don't think they eat hot food in Egypt). Drank till morning on new years day & had the most fantastic sunrise which was followed by a pod of bottlenose turning up for a new years dip with some bubble blowers. We missed the morning dive (hic!) but made the late afternoon dive on the Thistlegorm. Then a sunset to match the dawn followed by a night dive on the Thistlegorm. Ever get the feeling the year can only go down from here?

We also did the Rosalie Moller which has to be one of the must under stated wrecks going. There was still rope wound round the bollards & 4 portholes in one engine hatch alone. This was also one dive where the fish actually did obscure the wreck in places (hope the photos come out).
Spent the final morning quad bikeing in the desert, brill.
Great trip but how was all your hols??
Good diving
Rob

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Yeah, thanks Rob - I had two dives over the break and they were cold and in Capernwray - still even they were better than another day with the in-laws!

Still, yours sounds great - I so want to go to the Red Sea and dive some of these places everybody keeps on about.

Can't wait to see the piccies mate - you will get them posted here won't you?

Cheers,

Tim

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Hi Rob,
Thanks for posting a report. We (4 divers from Gothenburg, Sweden) are going on the Tiger Lily to the Brother Islands, Daedalus Reef and Elphinstone Reef the first week in June, so it was nice to hear such positive comments on the boat, crew and food.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

Hi Rob,
Thanks for posting a report. We (4 divers from Gothenburg, Sweden) are going on the Tiger Lily to the Brother Islands, Daedalus Reef and Elphinstone Reef the first week in June, so it was nice to hear such positive comments on the boat, crew and food.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts