YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm Anna, my refesher instruction told me about the site - I though he was pulling my leg when he told be the web address as I had said I would like to find a local buddy or 2! I did my O/W 2years ago here in Bucks then took the easy option and did my advance in the warm waters of Spain the following year (I wasn't really avoiding spending my holiday above water with the inlaws - honestly:wink: ). The plan was to dive with the other half but the lure of 2 wheels and the open road are too stong for him at w/ends. So here I am "all dressed up with no place to go". I still feel very much a newbie and would love to tag along with someone who has a day off on a Thurs and would like to go for a dip up to 20m, so that me...

·
Banned
58 Posts
welcome - I'm pretty much a newbie here as well -
shame I don't have Thursdays off but am trying to get a buddy as my
partner doesnt dive either.
enjoy the boards - its interesting!!!!

Cosmo

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
Hi I'm Anna, my refesher instruction told me about the site - I though he was pulling my leg when he told be the web address as I had said I would like to find a local buddy or 2! I did my O/W 2years ago here in Bucks then took the easy option and did my advance in the warm waters of Spain the following year (I wasn't really avoiding spending my holiday above water with the inlaws - honestly:wink: ). The plan was to dive with the other half but the lure of 2 wheels and the open road are too stong for him at w/ends. So here I am "all dressed up with no place to go". I still feel very much a newbie and would love to tag along with someone who has a day off on a Thurs and would like to go for a dip up to 20m, so that me...
welcome to YD anna
to help to find a buddy or 6 you should fill in your personal profile and its what yd like you to do.
it won't be long before someone takes you up on your offer.

best wishes Steven

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
personal profile

Steven thanks for the welcome note - how do I find the personal profile section?

·
diving member
1,996 Posts
Steven thanks for the welcome note - how do I find the personal profile section?
go into User CP and look down left side, its worth having a look at all.

also its the place to see what replies you have had to threads/posts you have put on here.

steven

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Hi Anna,

a warm welcome to YD, there are quite a few midweek divers on here so I'm sure you'll get offers, just ignore any from Digger or Howard Payne ;)

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Anna

Hi Anna, it's Tina

Where abouts are you in Bucks cause we are in Beds (Luton). If we arrange anything with the two guys we dive with (even if its in Stoney Cove) shall I drop you a line? I don't know if you've been to Stoney but it's beautiful with a great pub. We could even just meet up, especially if we are close. It's hard to find people and especially for me not being from here it can even be hard to get people to just go out for a coffee (i'm greek and finding people closer by when working in London is hard!).
We are both (Richard and I) OW and are considering to go Adv OW. However we have done really most of what is required but thought it better to get experience than start collecting badges. Well if you are pretty near us we can arrange to meet you. By the way, I wouldn't blame you wanting to spend more time underwater than above with inlaws. Sometimes I am thinking I even prefer being with rays than with Richard!

Tina:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts