YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hello People.

Signed up last night. I started following the DN forum about a year ago and managed to follow Bren's link to here. Must say, I much prefer here (a lot more friendly). After reading DN for so long and coming on to YD, it's nice to recognise some of the names. Hopefully I will be able to contribute to some of the discussions, but my experience is still quite limited, but hey! .........we all started somewhere. Being based in Falkirk, Central Scotland, most of my diving is on the west cost (Loch Long, Loch Fine etc).

I think that’s enough...........If I start to ramble on, just tell me.

/Colin

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Colin mate,

You are indeed welcome to the YD Massif!  

Nay bother about where or which stage you're at with your diving - just get in amongst it and ask away: if we can help, we certainly will.

Nice to see another Jockanese member to the boards - you're by no means alone, so feel free to hook-up with us for a dive or five some time soon!

Cheers,

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Hi Airmonster

Welcome, and don't worry about your level, you'll either get better or realise you were not so bad in the first place.

James

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hi Colin

Welcome, and don't worry about rambling on, some on this forum could get a Phd in it with ease, which remindes me of the time i was talking about.......

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

Colin (Airmonster),

Great to hear from you, and congratulations on finding the site. I'm sure like me YD will become your one and only site for dive chat. I've not been long on here myself and I can vouch for how nice and friendly members of this site are. I see you not far from me, Falkirk being not 3/4 hour from Edinburgh. You'll find quite a few divers in this part of the world. I don't know how long you've been diving but as I'm finding out, YD members organise lots of trips to dive and meet each other all over Britain. I was in Anglesey with YD this weekend just gone and then meeting more YD divers in Capernwray on Sunday. Peter K, Gavin Yates and myself are going to LochLong this Sunday hopefully. If your ever wanting a dive you need only ask. There are lots of folk here only two willing to meet up and dive.

You'll perhaps have noticed at the bottom of each persons post three or four buttons. PM is great for getting in touch with folks who might miss your post asking for a dive. I PM'd Peter K and Gavin Yates this evening about this Sundays dive. Alternatively, just like a large club there are always folk who are organising dive trips. Peter K - Mull, Mark Davies - Anglesey. There is always lots of friendly divers on these trips at all levels of experience who we can all learn from. I have used the forum Need a Buddy in the past with results.

Get in amongst the posts and we hope to see you diving with us very soon.

Dave C  

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Colin

welcome , dive in and have fun

All i would say is '  that if your new to diving '  this is the place to ask any question you like , doesn't matter how silly you may think it seems... YOU WILL NOT have any pi$$ taken out of you from any YD member, and you will get lots of postings offering you advise or trying to steer you in the right direction.

seasons greeting

Andy

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Colin

All that Dave C said  

and again welcome.

Cheers
Bob

·
Registered
513 Posts
Imported post

Hi Colin,

welcome to the board, as you can see very new to it as well, based in Edinburgh and hoping to get a bit of diving inh next year, so hope to join up for dive at some point. I've tended to do more dives around St. Abbs, it's not that far from Falkirk.

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Dougie,

There seems to be a fair few of us from Edinburgh. Gavin, Drifty, Fi, a couple of Grahams, myself and Josie. This is getting better. If you take a look at Planned trips Peter K has put up a post about us diving in Loch Long this Sunday. Your welcome to join is if your free. PM me if you want times etc... Your very welcome.

Dave C

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hi Dougie,

There seems to be a fair few of us from Edinburgh. Gavin, Drifty, Fi, a couple of Grahams, myself and Josie. This is getting better. If you take a look at Planned trips Peter K has put up a post about us diving in Loch Long this Sunday. Your welcome to join is if your free. PM me if you want times etc... Your very welcome.

Dave C
Not the start of a SWEATY SOCK SECTION,,,,,,,,  

SSS v's SSD's   contest in getting the most divers

Andy

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
Imported post

hi ya colin welcome to yorkshire divers!!! what a great bunch of people u will soon be aqainted with best wishes leigh

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Hi Colin,

Welcome mate - as Dave said we're out most w/e's and you're more than welcome to tag along or invite us.

It'll be a sea loch this Sunday and hopefully a fine day.

The YD Scottish Section - booze and bubbles.

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ Dec. 11 2003,14:45)]Not the start of a SWEATY SOCK SECTION,,,,,,,,  

SSS v's SSD's   contest in getting the most divers

Andy
<font color='#000080'>Steady on Andy,

There are a few of us up here that hail from down there you know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imported post

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Look forward to the on-line banter and possibly diving with a few new YD buddies in the future.

/Colin

·
Registered
18 Posts
Imported post

Hi all Im new to this board but i thik i like it! I m an CMAS 2 instructor diving and have been into this sport since 1986 . Im from Malta by the way , my latest craze is technical diving and wrecks, especially since 5 years ago i started diving 0n a couple of very intersting wrecks in the 60 to 70 meter range on air i decided i need to lean trimix but im still very new at it

happy holidays

Simon

P.S: im still trying to find out how this site works exactly!

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wreck hunter @ Dec. 26 2003,19:26)]P.S: im still trying to find out how this site works exactly!
Hi Simon

No one on this forum works, thats why we're on all the time

Pierre Farrugia, also a tech diver from Malta often posts here, you know him?

Regards

Adrian

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>ere why don 't  u move south much more fun.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Welcome to a great site.

Enjoy Yorkshire Divers and enjoy lots of diving in 2004.

Hope to meet you at a YD bash soon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts