YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I just wanted to say hi to everybody only just joined. I have only done a try dive and found it an amazing experience so have booked myself in for OW course in 2 weeks.  Joined the site to get a feel of the people that are involved in it and you seem a really good group of people to be around. Not sure how i will get on with it but will give it my best shot and hopefully it will give me a lot of enjoyment in the future and maybe one day i might have something interesting to say on the subject like the rest of you do, in the meantime i'll keep reading the posts, which very often make me laugh (some people out there with very good senses of humour) and i'll keep taking in the information. Brill site  

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the boards, nice to see another up & coming lady diver.

Sit back during all your spare time and browse in some of the really good reading on here, you will learn loads.

Just watch out for the smooth talkers, perverts , members that defend our nation, they are all nutters.

Ask away to anyone with a bit of sense..........

( Dive Dude, Chasey , skipper, Paul or myself , oh and of courses the 2 great site bosses ).

have fun , we do

Andy

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the boards, I'm sure we'll meet for a dive some day, and in the meantime I'll get out the way so all the desperate middle aged men can great you (it's a bit of a treat for them to meet us lady divers
)

Mary

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Thanks Andy, i'm sure i'll have fun once i get started. I'll remember the names of all the sensible people but you forgot to put down the names of the perverts and smooth talkers just incase

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ Feb. 13 2004,21:49)]Just watch out for the smooth talkers, perverts , members that defend our nation, they are all nutters.
I have a feeling that Andy has me included in there somehow, but I have noticed that he is always amongst the first to welcome young ladies to the site.  

Welcome aboard Sarah, it's a friendly, informative and slanderous site enjoyed by many and envied by quite a few too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Thanks Angus, we'll see whether he includes you amoungst the smooth talkers and perverts or the people that talk sense, got a feeling you're a talking sense person

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>He's a gone dammmmmmm jinxing weather monkey , that spoils other peoples days diving ,,,,

Or and he is in the  ermmmmmmmmm  PERVERTED , BILLY NO MATES SECTION.

Andy

What sort of a man pretends to be sea gull poooohhhhhhhhhhh:cool:

and enjoy's it

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

Welcome to YD Sarah,
Glad to hear you enjoyed the try-dive so much you've decided to carry on. 'Tis a steep learning curve, but a fun one. Anything we can help you with don't hesitate to ask, that's what YD is for.
Hope to see you on a trip one day!
Peter
PS-That "was" the perverts he listed. Andy's becoming an old man now and gets his sentences all confused and round the wrong way. Suppose it's natural really, so you just need to make allowances for him.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Imported post

Thanx for the vote of confidence Andy  

I was actually refering to the 'defenders of the nation' bit to be honest; but hey, if the cap fits wear it!  

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>HOW THE HELL can you defend the nation , sat at the top of a hill , counting sheep , supping a 'wet ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

Ok Peter i'll remember that, seems a really nice bloke though. I'll ask away if I need to, thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imported post

I'm sure you are unless anybody is prepared to tell me anything different  

anybody?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ Feb. 13 2004,22:30)]HOW THE HELL can you defend the nation , sat at the top of a hill , counting sheep , supping a 'wet ?
1, 2, 3, wave, 5, 6 ,7 - counting my sheep, with a single malt in the other hand.  

Welcome Sarah to YD. Hope you enjoy! There's a large number of friendly & knowledgeable persons here who can help you with advice etc.

gareth

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Imported post

Thanks Gareth, get the impression there are a lot of nice people here, if i have any questions i will definitely ask, thanks.  

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Oi Mary, you're not allowed to reply to a Girlies intro! you'll get a spanking next time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mary @ Feb. 13 2004,22:02)]I'll get out the way so all the desperate middle aged men can great you (it's a bit of a treat for them to meet us lady divers
As for coment above, well of course its a treat when you've spent the day out diving on Andy's boat and all you've got to talk to is Andy (the commie), Chasey, the other Andy, Allen (Getafix) and Col Maniac.

Anyhow Sarah, welcome to the crary world of YD, us lot from darn sarf are ok, its Gareth & Angus (from wales) Peter k (from the uncivilised bit above hadrians wall) and the norvern munkeys you've got to watch out for, especially the one with the rubber gimp suit who's bound to be be along shortly to introduce himself.
l think he's the guy Mary is refering to above.  

Added
Where did you do a try dive at this time of year? and where are you doing your course?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Imported post

Hi, did my try-dive in a pool so nice and warm and i'm doing my course at Gildenburgh, really looking forward to it  

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Sarah,

You are indeed welcome to YD - jump in an enjoy. Please feel free to ask any question you like, we'll certainly help where we can. And remember, the daftest question is the one you didn't ask!

Good luck with the course and hope to see you on a YD TEAM WET soon!

Cheers and dive safe.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts