YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi to all you pomms from NZ. Decided to come back home in March after 8.5yrs overseas and thought, what a better place to make some acquaintances (yorkshire divers) before I leave for the UK. Learnt to dive in Essex ~9yrs ago, cert up to Divemaster and IANTD nitrox. Have dived mainly in New Zealand, Australia and Indonesia and I am looking forward to leaving NZ's 40m vis for the wonderful 4ft vis of UK and of coarse Stoney Cove. Will be heading down to Hampshire, so if there are any guys or gals on the lookout for buddies,or want any info on NZdrop me a line[email protected]

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Imported post

Welcome to YD. I hope you find it as useful as I do.
Where abouts in NZ are you based at the moment?
Gunna Do who posts on here is based in the South Island.

Welcome
Simon A

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Hi 10below

Can't imagine why you want to come back, but after 10 years you've had a good innings.

See you soon

James

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Simon A @ Feb. 20 2004,11:41)]Welcome to YD. I hope you find it as useful as I do.
Where abouts in NZ are you based at the moment?
Gunna Do who posts on here is based in the South Island.

Welcome
Simon A
Hi Simon good to hear from you. I am in Auckland at the moment. Have been up here for most of the 8.5yrs, though did live in New Plymouth for 15mnths. The North Island is a fantastic dive ground esspecially the poor Knights. It is suppossedly in the top 10 in the world. We only have limited wrecks, not quite as good as the uk.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (narkedat50 @ Feb. 20 2004,22:11)]Hi 10below

Can't imagine why you want to come back, but after 10 years you've had a good innings.

See you soon

James
Hi James, have family commitments, that is the reason for returning. Where abouts are you from? Have you been out to NZ? It is a fantastic place, and great for diving, though expensive but not with sterling.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Imported post

Aww c'mon 10 below, It aint that expensive..
Just cause you have to work 12 hrs to get a pint..
Ill be up in the Poor Nights at Easter, I want to try this 40 ft vis myself..
Pity your not around, i wouldnt have minded having a local tour guide up that way..
we plan on diving the HMS Waikato and the Tui + a couple of days diving the Poor Nights.
the hardest thing will be diving in a no take zone, ( Al those huge Packhorse Crays just there for the Nabbing)..
Still Im sure I will restrain myself and just enjoy a Pleasure dive or several
Have Fun
Steve
ps Bet youll be back in gods own before the end of the year  lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gunna Do @ Feb. 21 2004,11:55)]Aww c'mon 10 below, It aint that expensive..
Just cause you have to work 12 hrs to get a pint..
Ill be up in the Poor Nights at Easter, I want to try this 40 ft vis myself..
Pity your not around, i wouldnt have minded having a local tour guide up that way..
we plan on diving the HMS Waikato and the Tui + a couple of days diving the Poor Nights.
the hardest thing will be diving in a no take zone, ( Al those huge Packhorse Crays just there for the Nabbing)..
Still Im sure I will restrain myself and just enjoy a Pleasure dive or several
Have Fun
Steve
ps Bet youll be back in gods own before the end of the year  lol
Hi Steve, last time I was up at the poor knights the place was heaving with stingers, plenty of morays and of coarse your local run of the mill aquatic life. Just magnificent to watch. There's also some fantastic drop offs, for deeper stuff, if your into that.
You maybe right about being back in the land of the long white cloud, but not so soon, I've got all those wrecks to explore, the red sea on my door step and all for the price of a pint.
Hope you enjoy your dives up at the Tui and Waikato, I'm hoping to get up there myself in the next 2-3 weeks.
Rhys

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hi 10

Welcome to YD and i hope you enjoy your UK wrecks.

Dover has the most by far, and we dream of 4' viz

Now being one of the mature members i can remember a film called 10 with Bo Derek, R U claiming to be in the same catagory?

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
545 Posts
Imported post

Cool make sure you do a post on it, so those of us numptys at that end of the world will have a good idea what were getting into..All this waiting till easter will be painfull
Steve

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Rhys,

Glad you made it mate! Just waiting for your kit to arrive now, eh?

Welcome aboard squire, get in amongst it and see you on wet soon.

Cheers,

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hi Rhys,

Welcome aboard matey. You'll find this place very welcoming and friendly. Look forward to reading your posts in the future. Have a great time whist you over here. Just browse to the need a buddy section if your looking for someone to dive with or get your name down on any of the trips organised by the guys and gals on here.

Dave C

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

Hi Dave, thanks for the message, will probably be over there (uk)for some time, well until I get fed up with the vis. Where abouts are you based, and where do you normally dive?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts