YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ebay'ed myself a Sherwood Magnum II at the starting price, in pristine condition (the swivelly bits even swivel), without any kind of crust, and with a service kit stapled to the certificate. So first up---sorry if you are reading this, having just parted with that item for less than it should have fetched. I assure you that I'm bouncing off the walls with happiness because I usually buy dirty and non-functional regulators.

The question is: what is the purpose of the newfangled metal pin on the purge button housing which, when pushed in, locks the purge button down? Is it for added danger and excitement when fumbling around in gloves? My only guess is that it may have, once upon a time, locked the purge button to prevent it from being depressed (I can see that an emotionally stable purge button could be handy), however it doesn't take much poking of the purge button to knock it from position.

j

·
Conscientious Objector
1,269 Posts
When reg is in storage; depress purge and lock it? Helps to prevent 2nd stage seat getting a groove worn into it.
Agreed - my dacor pacers used to have a slidey hint on the front for the same reason, and the 960 XLE had a C shaped clip to the same end.

Never used either of them!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts