YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>I've just returned from the Institute of Naval Medicine where i was checked out for a PFO. After an interesting time watching bubbles swirl round in one side of my heart the doc assured me that i have no PFO & the bend was just one of those things so it'll be back to the briney soon. Cheers for all the messages of support from everyone.
Good diving
Rob

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Well-in Rob!

Take it easy and hopefully see you and the Missus on wet before too long.

Cheers,

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>rob,
good to hear no pfo present and your diving can resume asap.
nice-one

cheers
barrie

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

Good stuff M8 I am glad to here it.

I bet thats a load of your mind.

ATB

Mark Chase

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

That's v/good news.

Isn't having bubbles put in your heart dangerous? I thought that injecting air in to the blood stream was fatal, or, is that only in the movies? I can't remember.

Anyway, did they give you any indication at all of why you got a bend (apart from the fact you went diving, of course).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

<font color='#8D38C9'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Isn't having bubbles put in your heart dangerous? I thought that injecting air in to the blood stream was fatal, or, is that only in the movies? I can't remember.

Anyway, did they give you any indication at all of why you got a bend (apart from the fact you went diving, of course).
It's only dangerous if their too big for the lungs to filter out or they're on the arterial side. I was under echosound so i could see a cross section of me heart. Then the injected microbubbles into the veinous side & you could see the bubbles swirling round in the chamber if my heart. Then you watch to make sure non "shunt" across to the arterial side & miss out the lungs filtering action & so go to the brain.
Intersting to watch though. There was no indication of the cause so the doc put it down to one of those things. I think the main cause was de-hydration.
Good diving
Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts